Leaving California.........
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaving California.........

Leaving California.........

This was written by Hal Bray, not me as I live in a rural area of Calif. and so far am safe from some of the nuttiness that goes on here, but don't know for how long.

My wife and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. But like 46% of Bay area residents in a June 2018 Bay Area Council poll, we are considering leaving California. Arizona looks like our destination although many friends have already moved to Texas, Nevada, Idaho, and Tennessee.

Why? Simple California’s Progressive culture and government has turned the state into a filthy, debt-ridden, congested third world country with high taxes, high crime, and the highest housing costs in the country.

Our little piece of bliss is a third world country, made up of a large, wealthy population (Hollywood and Silicon Valley tech giants), an enormous poor population, and a declining middle class that elected officials only view as a large, distributed human ATM machine from which they withdraw money for “sanctuary cities” (actually sanctuary everything, cities, universities, the State, etc.), social justice programs, suing the Trump administration, and “free” everything for everyone.

(The federal government has informed California this year, for example, that as it [California] tries to implement free health care for everyone, it illegally enrolled 400,000 people on Medicaid at a cost of $1 billion plus per year). According to the Census Bureau, California has the highest poverty rate in the country at 19%. And, according to the Department of Health and Human Services, California has 12% of the country’s population and 43% of its TANF (welfare). California spends $103 billion per year on welfare, more than the next two states combined (New York at $61.4 billion and Texas at $35.4 billion).

California has one of the highest GINI, or inequality, ratio in the country. A GINI ratio measures the difference between the richest residents and its poorest residents. According to Chapman University’s Center for Demographics and Policy, the state’s inequality is worse than Mexico and equal to Guatemala and Honduras (ironically, where many of our new voters appear to be coming from).

San Francisco, proud to be what it thinks of itself as America’s most Progressive city, is a good surrogate for the state as a whole. The city has: — hundreds of complaints weekly (more than 1600 in one recent week) about human feces (or “@#$%&” to our progressive friends) on the street, in parks, and in other public places; residents in the city, therefore, implemented a “POOP” or “Human Waste” Map, that tells visitors and residents which neighborhoods to avoid because of the overwhelming amount of human waste on the streets and other public places.

As if feces and urine everywhere are not bad enough, the city government is, in effect, turning the city into one large, outdoor illegal drug market. The city distributes more than 4.5 million hypodermic syringes and needles yearly to its growing horde of drug addicts; so many drug addicts clog the city’s commuter train (BART) stations.

But filth is not the city’s only issue. The FBI recently ranked San Francisco as the city with the highest crime rate in the country. For example, in 2017 the city’s residents were burdened with 32,000 car burglaries (residents put signs in their car windows begging people not to break their windows or steal anything from their cars).

The city of San Diego, adjacent to the Mexican border, is itself recovering from a Hepatitis A outbreak from human waste by washing its downtown streets nightly with bleach.

The State has the country’s highest income tax (and the highest capital gains tax in the WORLD), sales tax, gasoline tax, unemployment tax, and workers compensation tax. And, lucky us, we have the only Cap and Trade tax in the country, a secret “tax” administered by a State of California Corporation formed in Delaware.

Under the heading of criminal justice reform, the State has recently reduced many crimes in the State from felonies to misdemeanor status and released thousands of inmates from prison early. This August Governor Moonbeam (Jerry Brown) signed bail reform into law outlawing money bail. Combined, these new laws have added to both the crime problem and the homelessness problem.

Speaking of homelessness, since the state government began focusing on solving the problem, the state’s homeless population has doubled; it is like a homeless manufacturing and marketing plan. Five years ago, L.A’s homeless population was 32,000; last year’s count was 57,000. (What will it be after the thousands of asylum seekers are admitted to the numerous Sanctuary Cities)

The average price of a home in California is 2.5 times higher than the price of homes in other states (Average price of a home in San Francisco and many surrounding suburbs is more than $1million). This means owning a house is difficult, at best and the median homeowner property tax bill is 93% higher than the average for the other 49 states.

In the last election, 70 California cities raised their sales tax rates (primarily to pay for escalating pension costs for our failing pension systems). In addition, repealing last year’s new gas and vehicle registration taxes in Proposition 6 will likely be defeated next week.

Reform Network ranks California as the second worst “Judicial Hell-Hole” in the Country. CEO magazine has ranked California the worst state in the Country to do business in for the 14th straight year.

California’s public schools are among the worst in the country. National tests place California students 44th (reading) and 46th (math) in the nation.

While private sector workers in the State (and Country) who retire this year with at least 30 years of full-time work will receive, on average, a Social Security pension of $15,800 ($38,000 maximum), State and most city workers in the CalPERS pension system will receive a pension of $70,000 (police and fire more than $100,000 at age 50).

Teachers in the State make, on average, $81,000 per year and retire at 60 with an average pension of $55,000 per year. Yet both pension systems (CalPERS and CalSTRS) are only 2/3 funded with unfunded liabilities of close to $1 trillion. Employer contributions (read taxpayer contributions) that are already unsustainably high are doubling over the next five years (this will attract a lot of new business – LOL) to try to keep the systems from bankruptcy.

TRIP, a Washington, D.C. nonprofit, reported this month that California is home to six of the 20 U.S. cities of 200,000 or more people with the highest percentage of their streets and roads whose pavement condition is rated in poor condition: No.1 San Francisco; No.2 San Jose; No.3 Los Angeles; No12 Sacramento; No.13 Riverside; No.16 Fresno.

According to the Federal government, California’s Cost of living is 41% higher than the national average.

Kiplinger has ranked California the 3rd worst state, behind New York and New Jersey, to retire in. They clearly missed something because from where I live, we’re number one and as a result, we are all moving.

Not to be all negative, the State and many cities in California have one BIG accomplishment for 2018: they have banned plastic straws. Yes, plastic straws I guess they wanted to make sure there is enough plastic for the free hypodermic syringes they are giving out And, oh, another big accomplishment, by golly, was banning all drinks for children’s meals in restaurants except water and milk. This may sound stupid, but we have all seen progressive parenting.

Maybe “Progressive” works when the progressive population is small and can be mostly ignored and/or tolerated by the population that pays the tab for it. But when its population becomes something closer in size to the mainstream population it is painful to live with and financially unsustainable.

My advice to Arizonians: get ready for the onslaught. Accept those coming to Arizona to flee the devastation of California and join your culture, your values. Be wary, however, of those coming to bring their devastation to Arizona. My request, as we plan our move to Arizona , is please don’t duplicate California’s failures; don’t “Californicate” Arizona.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Pretty much why I fled to California Light, I mean Colorado in 2014. Oklahoma is starting to look like a 7 after a few drinks.

Watch out in Colorado, too. Beautiful state, but becoming a haven for libs. Once know as a great hunting state, now, taking away guns, and banning certain magazines for weapons. Legal dope smoking, which is out of control. I got a friend in Denver, with a business, and he can't afford to rent more "warehouse" space, to help his business, because most all the warehouse space is filled with excessive legal weed. Cost of warehouse space is too high, for him , so he can't expand his business. When weed got legalized, they had no control over how much or who can grow, So they just store it. And, he has a hard time finding machine operators, because the people they hire, work for the 1st check, and then quit. Says they just get their paycheck, go buy dope and never come back. Don't sound so good, to me. I don't live there, so all my statements may not be exact, but my good friend tells me all this, and I have no reason to think he is wrong.

You guys are a trip. Sound like a bunch of lunatics. Turn off the fox news for gods sake~!

Because Fox news 'made all that up'? Couldn't simply be true, could it? Turn off MSNBC and/or CNN for Gods sake!
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourks View Post
    You guys are a trip. Sound like a bunch of lunatics. Turn off the fox news for gods sake~!
    Sounds like you spend too much time at the pot stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Sounds like you spend too much time at the pot stores.
    oh I get it, because I’m from Colorado... good one. Americans should not be attacking each other!

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    Because Fox news 'made all that up'? Couldn't simply be true, could it? Turn off MSNBC and/or CNN for Gods sake!
    No, there’s some truth on both sides. And I might vote Rebulican for the first time in my life. But I get tired of all you whiners playing right into foreign hands. Even street pooping libs are Americans! A lot of them homeless veterans too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourks View Post
    Hal Bray doesn’t work for Fox News. He writes for the East Bay Times among other papers which would be a stretch to call right wing. I was born in Torrance CA, lived and owned a business in Temecula CA for 47 of my 52 years. I can personally attest that the article is way more factual then the opposite. The saddest part is my new home state is going to become CA little sister.

I read that CA. is the worlds, third largest economy. No matter which side of this silly debate you're on, somebody must be doing something right.
    I don't understand all the anger & hate just because someone doesn't think / act just like you do...….... No matter which side of this silly debate you're on.