**Disclaimer: Let me just say this reflection only represents MY experience ... not bashing the product, not trying to dissuade anyone from buying them**

1. Some quality issues concern me.

First, the pre-applied Loctite on the button-head screws for the adjustable extensions attached to the footpads had dried up. This resulted in me applying too much torque to the hex head of 3 of 4 screws, rounding them out. I guess I blame myself for this, not processing that the Loctite was dry and was interfering with the threading in of the screws smoothly.

I did call Kury and they were responsive and polite and suggested the retailer was not rotating stock well enough, causing the product to dry on to the threads. I bought them last fall, and they sat in the garage for six months ... I did not know there was a timeline to getting them installed prior to thread locker hardening and needing to be carved out of the threads. Kury is sending me four new chrome button screws.

Second, these Ergos have a spring loaded return feature, allowing rider's feet to push them down for greater leg extension. They are designed to spring back up. Mine will not. In fact, one of them is stuck down and will not retract. I now have to take them apart and lubricate the helix and rest of the mechanism just to get them to work. Should one have to do this for a brand new product that cost $300?

Third, the paint chips off very easily. When say easily, I mean a pinky nail sized gouge right down to bare metal if dropped 3" on to the garage floor.

2. I am not yet comfortable with foot placement.

I took a 70 mile ride yesterday with the Ergos in place, even though they are not operating properly. I do not feel safe with my feet extended out away from the shifter and rear brake. The primary reason is not due my feet being away from the controls, though I do not like that either; it has to do with the positioning of my body in the event of heavy braking or an evasive maneuver. That stretched out, reclined position does not seem like a good one to be in when a car pulls out in front of you. Not to mention, having your feet out like that puts all of your upper body weight on to your ass and thighs. It's nice to buy some leg room, but that reclined position does not seem well suited for long term comfort.

Maybe I need to back the Ergos closer to me in what is supposed to be the short leg position - even though I am long of leg? I dunno - maybe that wannabe Harley is not for me and the more upright, standard-bike positioning of the F6B is good enough.