Led extra brake light
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Led extra brake light

Led extra brake light

I had changed my tails to switchbacks and I really like the look, although I have always been slightly concerned that there isn't enough difference when the brake light comes on.

I added a back-off box...just an inline flasher that gave the brake light a 3 pulse then steady that repeated about every 3 seconds.

I had always liked the look of the small led surface mount light head in place of the rear reflector. So I found THIS on evilbay for $20.

It is plenty cheap enough for sure. Shipping was extremely fast. Installation was simple as well. I didn't take any pics but it's definitely not bad. I will get a pic or video this evening
    Last edited by Dweisman429; 07-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    2015 matte silver F6B

VERY interested in some pictures, how long the wires are and what you think of it. Looks like it's only 4" wide.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

KIMG0322.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 matte silver F6B

It is about 4" across. Fits perfectly where the reflector was.

Wires are about 10-12" long. Plenty enough.

I had already cut into my harness so it wasn't anything, but you need your brake power and a ground...I soldered them in on the bike side tail light plug. There is a yellow wire that you use to select your flash pattern. Power up the light then touch yellow to 12v and it changes to a different pattern. Easy enough
    2015 matte silver F6B

Thanks for the post!
    So is it really bright?
    Would there be room for 2 (1 above the other) of them where the reflector is /was?
    thanks

Bright...yes. it really does the trick.

Only room for one there
    2015 matte silver F6B

I bought the Abrams T3 light and I can't get it to only flash 3 times, it flashes the whole time i hold the brake. Can you post the link of the one you bought?

The link is a little hard to see on the original post. Link is on the word "THIS."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweisman429 View Post
    ... So I found THIS on evilbay for $20.
    Dweisman, I think you got something here. I've got a BackOFF XP but its for a single bulb circuit so I wasn't wild about using it on the dual brake lights. I will add this before I add the BackOFF.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 07-24-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

MRB68...this one also flashes the entire time the brake is on. I don't care though...let it flash. Lol

53Driver has a Whelen unit which is very comparable in size and I believe he mentioned that his will flash then go steady. But it is also $65 or more. And I realize that is still not a bad price for a little extra safety, but $20 I like better.
    2015 matte silver F6B

Agreed, I haven't been to the inspection station yet to see if it's ok to have it that way or not.