Atlas throttle lock?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlas throttle lock?

Atlas throttle lock?

Anyone using the Atlas Throttle Lock on their F6B? Look them up on Amazon or Google them. I like how they work and am looking for reviews on our bikes. I have a 2013 with OEM heated grips. I figure I need the Top one. Any thoughts?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Make sure it'll work with your grips.
    Between my G/F & I, we've tried 10 - 12 different throttle locks (all manual, non were electric) & haven't found a single one that will hold the throttle at whatever speed we set it. They all slow down. Priced from $25 to over $200, none hold for more that a minute or so...… I hope you have better luck than we have.

You need to be able to move it a little while its locked. So it will slow after a while.
    Just the pressure of my hand laying on it helps keep it in place.
    I don't even use it unless I'm on the expressway.
    I live in the hills so constantly adjusting it.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Me too, got to be a long ride for me to use mine. Rare for me to get on a dual lane, much less expressway...… but I'm in the FL. boonies.

I had a brakeaway on my Valk. Expensive and slightly longer install, but premium feel and released with the brake lever.

Jason

I got my G/F a breakaway for her Scout. She said it works better than others she's tried but still "doesn't hold" at a steady speed. Install takes a while to get everything "just right."

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I got my G/F a breakaway for her Scout. She said it works better than others she's tried but still "doesn't hold" at a steady speed. Install takes a while to get everything "just right."
    The breakaway has a couple of adjustments that will resolve the 'doesn't hold' problem. Had it on my Valk for several years.. loved it!
    Fortunately, have OEM cruise on my '15 F6B.

It will hold better if you tighten up the clamping screw.. But I found it harder to lock that way.
    ITS ALL GOOD

The brakeaway has a few different rubber fillers of varying thickness. As long as you choose the right thickness for the grip, and adjust the screws according to instructions, it both locks and releases very easily. It's machined very well. However, the B is my first bike with cruise, and it's the bees knees. I had no idea what I was missing.

Jason

I had a breakaway on my FJR, G/F has one on her Scout. We both had the same issue, it wouldn't hold steady. If you got it to hold a steady speed, then it was hard, near impossible to get it to lock. Something that cost that much shouldn't have any issues. They're been on the market for several years, they should have the bugs out long ago. I tried to call Mfg. 3-4 times, always had to leave a message, never a return call.
    My $25 one works okay for a few miles, get a little break. My Kury throttle rocker works good.