Atlas throttle lock? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlas throttle lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    The brakeaway has a few different rubber fillers of varying thickness. As long as you choose the right thickness for the grip, and adjust the screws according to instructions, it both locks and releases very easily. It's machined very well. However, the B is my first bike with cruise, and it's the bees knees. I had no idea what I was missing.

Jason
    Yes and Yes to all of the fore-mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I had a breakaway on my FJR, G/F has one on her Scout. We both had the same issue, it wouldn't hold steady. If you got it to hold a steady speed, then it was hard, near impossible to get it to lock. Something that cost that much shouldn't have any issues. They're been on the market for several years, they should have the bugs out long ago. I tried to call Mfg. 3-4 times, always had to leave a message, never a return call.
    My $25 one works okay for a few miles, get a little break. My Kury throttle rocker works good.
    I've used the Breakaway unit for almost 5 years on my F6b with no problems whatsoever. It holds position until I move it or release it, and is very easy to turn. Just got to adjust it properly.

Travelor, do you have the B with the heated grips? If so, do you have ISO grips?

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Make sure it'll work with your grips.
    Between my G/F & I, we've tried 10 - 12 different throttle locks (all manual, non were electric) & haven't found a single one that will hold the throttle at whatever speed we set it. They all slow down. Priced from $25 to over $200, none hold for more that a minute or so...… I hope you have better luck than we have.
    Get yourself a MC Cruise. It works better than a Goldwing factory cruise.

I have not used the MC Cruise, but I have installed three of the Rostras (One on my F6b, one on my R1200GSA, and helped scottydi put one on his F6b). For around $200, they're hard to beat. On the F6b, I did splurge on the OEM 2015 right grip controls so that I could have factory buttons, so that added a bit more to the $200 though.

That a lot cheaper than MC Cruise with dollar exchange rate they are about $750. for everything.

There is an excellent write-up on our sister forum for the Valkyries that was super-helpful. Hopefully no one minds me posting it here for folks to refer to. If it's an issue, by the way, let me know and I'll remove the link...

https://www.f6cforum.com/forum/12-ho...l-my-bike.html

I also learned a few things along the way as well. If anyone else is working on the project, I'm happy to help any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by KathySC View Post
    Travelor, do you have the B with the heated grips? If so, do you have ISO grips?
    No, I have the standard grips. I know Breakaway says it not to use their product with the heated grips but I think some people have done it. But not really sure.

I have an Atlas throttle lock and it works like great. I have heated grips. The wire comes out of the bottom of the grip so I went with a top mount. I really like it and have no issues with it yet.

IMG_3254.jpg
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki