Production of a GOLDWING video
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Production of a GOLDWING video

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Production of a GOLDWING video

This was the old Marysville Ohio plant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUWQe42nr3o

Phantom, I have been to the old factory in Marysville several times. The second time was because Honda took in my 2003 Wing, that had over 107,000 miles on it in exactly 1 year, and they gave me a new 2004 Wing, in exchange. They put my '03 Wing in their museum, with a placard to show the mileage on it, and the records I had set with it. Then they had me walk along with the Line Foreman for 2 days while they built my new '04 bike, and when it was all done, and all paperwork signed, I rode home with the new bike. The factory was really fun to go through.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Phantom, I have been to the old factory in Marysville several times. The second time was because Honda took in my 2003 Wing, that had over 107,000 miles on it in exactly 1 year, and they gave me a new 2004 Wing, in exchange. They put my '03 Wing in their museum, with a placard to show the mileage on it, and the records I had set with it. Then they had me walk along with the Line Foreman for 2 days while they built my new '04 bike, and when it was all done, and all paperwork signed, I rode home with the new bike. The factory was really fun to go through.
    That must have been a fun experience seeing your bike being built.
    What happened to the Marysville plant?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

Miles, that is awesome I would love to put that kind of mileage on a Goldwing ….. in my case it will take me 10 years to reach 100,000 miles

MNF6B, Marysville plant Goldwing assembly line was closed at the end of June 2009, disassembled and shipped to Japan. It took all of 2010 and part of 2011 to re-assemble it. The first Goldwings off the Japanese assembly line were the 2012 models …… there are no 2011 Goldwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    ... Marysville plant Goldwing assembly line was closed at the end of June 2009, disassembled and shipped to Japan. It took all of 2010 and part of 2011 to re-assemble it. The first Goldwings off the Japanese assembly line were the 2012 models …… there are no 2011 Goldwings ....
    It is a shame that they are no longer made in the USA.

It is my understanding from a very reliable source, that Honda assembly for Goldwings, F6B, etc. is returning to production in Tennessee in 2015...The local government made them a huge tax incentive/deal to move there.......Guess we will see what the future brings...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    It is my understanding from a very reliable source, that Honda assembly for Goldwings, F6B, etc. is returning to production in Tennessee in 2015...The local government made them a huge tax incentive/deal to move there.......Guess we will see what the future brings...
    That would be wonderful.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Kinda wondering if the overall market for such machines is actually right here in the USA anyway. Why make 'em 1/2 way around the world just to ship most of 'em here?

I can see why they wanted Maryville for cars,,, Its all about the $$$$$.

So,,, If moving to Tennessee,,, there might not be a 2014 F6B,,, Just like there aren't any 2011 Goldwings,

made in Ohio

I looked my shipping box and in read, Made in Ohio. Never made them in the USA. lol...
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

My 2007 Goldwing built in Ohio had a much better build quality than my 2012 built in Japan.