F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

I own 14 F6B , 16 Goldwing and 18 DCT at the same time and that is what I felt.

Rightnow in my garage are 16 goldwing, 18 DCT and 18 Indian Chieftain Limited.

JBgold.jpggoldwing.jpggoldwing.jpg
    Last edited by jellybean; 05-18-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    Corbin is changing that problem as we speak (type). They have come up with bolt on/color matching saddlebag replacement doors that increase capacity and looks OEM.

They look great in the pics. Have no idea how much they are.
    My full face helmet with Sena s20 fit in saddle bag of the F6B but won't fit in the box of the 18 DCT ...the Sena has to be detached from the helmet .

JB

Nice. What is your thought on the Indian regarding reliability, acceleration and handling compared to the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Nice. What is your thought on the Indian regarding reliability, acceleration and handling compared to the F6B.
    I sold the F6B to a friend after 4years ...I miss the smooth and quiet powerful of the F6B.
    The DCT is good for work...when you live in big city like Toronto...rush hour traffic is like NY and LA. I use it because parking is free for motocycle in downtown.
    The Indian is for noise and attitude... this is my first time and year with the Indian. So far so good.

JB

King of the Baggers Race, July 2020. Who is ready to represent?

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/3...baggers-track/

From the comments:

“Reminds of a 1/8 mile drag race I attended where a guy entered on a bagger. Not any bagger but a Boss Hoss. He went through the finish doing big tank slappers and lost it. The bike hit the ground and both saddlebags exploded spilling clothes, tools and at least a six pack of beer. He was fine and more importantly so was the beer”

Mark
    Last edited by Cali261; 02-09-2020 at 06:01 PM.

I took a DCT out for a bit when my F6B was in for a service. I know I can win a race with myself on the DCT any day! But that's not why I own the bike. If I want to race, I'll take the Duc out for a rip. Hands down... Now, the new Rocket III, might be worth a look and trade up that Italian Stallion.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I took a DCT out for a bit when my F6B was in for a service. I know I can win a race with myself on the DCT any day! But that's not why I own the bike. If I want to race, I'll take the Duc out for a rip. Hands down... Now, the new Rocket III, might be worth a look and trade up that Italian Stallion.
    I have yet to ride a dct but just watching a you tube clip titled 2019 glowing DCT sound (Raw on Board) has me convinced. I have read that it shifts according to how you are riding. I think this video shows that. I didn't see him shifting manually so I think thats true. Me being an old man, riding like that is in the past. Check it out, I have watched it a few times.