F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

The biggest difference will be from rider to rider. You will never know when a good clutch man shifts the B. It's just that fast. Barely discernable to the ear. The throttle is only blipped and the clutch isn't pulled all the way. The shift like that is as smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You go buy one or borrow one 53 and I'll meet you halfway between Ohio and Florida.
    I'll need a few thousand miles to get "comfortable" on her, but if the "Office of Management & Budget" ever approves a new Wing, I'll be there!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

As a guy who has owned a 2013 and 2016 F6B, a 2018 Goldwing Standard 6 speed and now a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT I can assure you without a doubt in my mind that the DCT will eat an F6B alive up to top speed.
    I don't care if Marc Marquez is riding the F6B. He will finish second. Flame suit on. Facts are facts.

Beagle

You appear to be the only one commenting here who actually has experience with them all, so thanks for that. Regarding the DCT, if you simply "floor it" from a standstill, will it spin the rear wheel? And I'm not familiar with the traction control Honda uses, but I presume you can turn it off?

With traction control off you will spin the wheel. With traction control on the thing just pulls like an animal. In sport mode the thing will scare the crap out of you if you get on the throttle. My son has a CBR1000RR. First time he came out with me I put it in sport mode and left a light hard and my son was stunned at how fast it launched. But of course in a race he can darn near hit the Wings top speed in first gear.

Beagle

MCN reports 2018 Goldwing runs the quarter at 12.86. Cycle world tested the F6B at 11.84. I think that a lot of guys might be faster on a DCT than a manual shift. Unless you've drag raced alot most of the time you can't take advantage of the full potential of the machine. On a manual shift most guys won't watch the tach and shift at redline. They will short shift and lose to a guy that races regularly. They may have the fastest bike but lack in drag racing skills. On a DCT they can realize the bikes potential because the transmission is determining the shift points. No watching the tach needed. According to the sources above , I think that one second differential would be hard to overcome. I believe the F6B would spank that 1833.

I don’t believe this was my best run of the night. I’d have to look back through my time slips. You can see me float the tire a bit on the launch. Watching my brother walk away on the bmw was frustrating. Years back my dad ran his full wing and couldn’t get it into the 12’s to save his life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=kEHAyZMkTN4
    Last edited by P.Sutton; 05-02-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    I don’t believe this was my best run of the night. I’d have to look back through my time slips. You can see me float the tire a bit on the launch. Watching my brother walk away on the bmw was frustrating. Years back my dad ran his full wing and couldn’t get it into the 12’s to save his life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=kEHAyZMkTN4
    That was a good launch!
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    That was a good launch!

Thanks! I just hope no one notices I jumped the tree by a few thousandths.......shhhh

The E4’s hook nice. That was a colder day and early on a test and tune night. Not much heat or rubber in the track. I usually line up on just the inside of either rear tire track.
    Last edited by P.Sutton; 05-02-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    Thanks! I just hope no one notices I jumped the tree by a few thousandths.......shhhh

The E4’s hook nice. That was a colder day and early on a test and tune night. Not much heat or rubber in the track. I usually line up on just the inside of either rear tire track.
    Closer than I thought. Was that a K1600?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6