F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

It probably comes down to rider against rider. The difference in weight is minimal - 787 to 842 manual to F6B or 800 to 842 DCT to F6B. And remember there is a 7 lb difference between the fuel tank capacity 5.5 gal vs 6.6 gal. So 48 lbs manual to F6B or 35 lbs DCT to F6B. Plus there is more rotational drag on the new wing from a larger tire that weighs more. Dyno # are coming out a tad less on the new model than the F6Bs. Either way the are both quick and if your concern is which is quicker than you are looking at the wrong bike. Love my F6B, but once they straighten out the front end design issues I might consider getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    It probably comes down to rider against rider.
    I'd bet money against this, at least up to the speed limiter of the new wing. Even if the engines were identical in output, there's no outshifting that DCT. The rider might matter on a 2018 manual, though. That would be an interesting race, and might come closer to highlighting the power differences. Although to be honest, I'm only interested out of slight curiosity. Who doesn't enjoy a good drag race. But like most of you, I absolutely love my B, and definitely didn't buy it to ride a quarter mile at a time, lol.

Jason

Same here. If I'd wanted a really fast touring machine I would have brought a K1600. I rode one and liked it, but the maintenance and reliability scared me away.

Those who think the DCT is quicker than the F6B probably have never launched their F6B with the front wheel off the ground before. Sure the DCT shifts are quicker but the computer also reduces power between the shifts. I am still weary of the front end tie rod links though.

I kind of like the DCT version, but my F6B is quick enough for this old guy and can beat most bikes of its type in a race as is...The newer generation bikes are great, but way too expensive for what you get compared to my old 2013 model....I kinda like shifting anyway and I don't owe anybody any money for bikes....Perhaps one of the bike rags will soon do a road test and we all can get a better picture of what they do in the 1/4 mile...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Those who think the DCT is quicker than the F6B probably have never launched their F6B with the front wheel off the ground before. Sure the DCT shifts are quicker but the computer also reduces power between the shifts. I am still wary of the front end tie rod links though.
    Yeah - there's some non-German engineering going on there...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I'd bet money against this, at least up to the speed limiter of the new wing. Even if the engines were identical in output, there's no outshifting that DCT. The rider might matter on a 2018 manual, though. That would be an interesting race, and might come closer to highlighting the power differences. Although to be honest, I'm only interested out of slight curiosity. Who doesn't enjoy a good drag race. But like most of you, I absolutely love my B, and definitely didn't buy it to ride a quarter mile at a time, lol.

Jason
    With a 0 - 60 time there is only one shift involved. Whats more important is how the bike launches. Our bikes are very easy to launch hard. You can dump the clutch with a mitt full of throttle, not worry too much about lofting the wheel, and get the rear hooked up very nicely. I don't think the DCT allows that, and would pay the price in the first 100 feet. Somebody get out there and defend our honour!!! If given the chance, I'll report back....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    With a 0 - 60 time there is only one shift involved. Whats more important is how the bike launches. Our bikes are very easy to launch hard. You can dump the clutch with a mitt full of throttle, not worry too much about lofting the wheel, and get the rear hooked up very nicely. I don't think the DCT allows that, and would pay the price in the first 100 feet. Somebody get out there and defend our honour!!! If given the chance, I'll report back....
    Lol, I honestly hope you're right. It's kind of a win, win, from my perspective. If the B loses, it bodes well for the new Wing, which I happen to really like, and if it wins, our eventual resale value goes up. But as far as honor? Lol, if mine were tied to a quarter mile I wouldn't have bought a B. Lots of options out there for that. For me, the B does just about everything I could ever ask of it so beautifully that I just can't bring myself to care what out-accelerates it. But to each their own. I look forward to watching the run.

Jason

Mine goes fast enough, no need for racing.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Mine goes fast enough, no need for racing.
    I'm a juvenile wrapped up in an old man's body. Bikes are like sail boats. One guy on a lake and it's a cruise. Two guys on a lake and at least one of them is racing....