F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    This is the outcome I would expect. Slightly more power and a lot less weight ... plus more gears in the manual and DCT gearbox allows the 1833 to stay closer to the peak power range.
    Off mother Hondas web site, the F6B weighs 844 lbs wet, and the 2 versions of the NEW Wing weigh 835 and 804 lbs wet. Not what I would call a "lot less weight". 40 lbs for one model, and 9 lbs for the other. Not even half as much as having a passenger on back.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Off mother Hondas web site, the F6B weighs 844 lbs wet, and the 2 versions of the NEW Wing weigh 835 and 804 lbs wet. Not what I would call a "lot less weight". 40 lbs for one model, and 9 lbs for the other. Not even half as much as having a passenger on back.
    I was referring to this part of the quote: test rode the new DCT alongside a full wing. I walked away from it at will, no matter how hard he tried to keep up.

Previous generation full Wing weighs 900+? Regardless, I would put my money on a DCT Wing Tour over my 2013 F6B in a 0-100 mph race.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Ultimate horsepower and torque figures can be so deceiving as a performance perspective.
    There are so many variables involved as far as performance and felt horsepower and torque.
    Transmission; Gearing itself, gear spacing, overall efficiency, number of gears.
    Engine ; Peak horsepower and torque, maintained horsepower and torque, ramp up and drop off of horsepower and
    torque values in relation to each other.
    Bike design ; Mass, weight, shape and general design.

Other factors involved also. Having experience with Honda’s DCT motorcycle transmission, I’m going to go out on a limb..
    No, I’m going to guarantee with the title to my F6B that if you put a new Goldwing with the DCT up against a F6B, the new Wing would completely obliterate the guy on the “B” all the way to the 112 mph limiter...

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    No, I’m going to guarantee with the title to my F6B that if you put a new Goldwing with the DCT up against a F6B, the new Wing would completely obliterate the guy on the “B” all the way to the 112 mph limiter...
    Who has ever said, "let's race until my rev limiter comes on"? I'm not disagreeing with your point, but I stopped going to NHRA events when they did away with the quarter mile. Some things just need to not be messed with...

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Only the K1600 Grand America (bagger with the top case) is speed limited. Top end on the GTL and GT is over 130.
    I had my letters wrong. I meant the GTL, not LT. I think BMW has a policy to limit speed on any bike with a top case, which the GTL has. OTOH, BMW's limits are much higher than Honda's. I've read that the GTL is limited to 136 MPH. That seems high enough for me, but there's still plenty of info on the web about removing the GTL's limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    Ultimate horsepower and torque figures can be so deceiving as a performance perspective.
    There are so many variables involved as far as performance and felt horsepower and torque.
    Transmission; Gearing itself, gear spacing, overall efficiency, number of gears.
    Engine ; Peak horsepower and torque, maintained horsepower and torque, ramp up and drop off of horsepower and
    torque values in relation to each other.
    Bike design ; Mass, weight, shape and general design.

Other factors involved also. Having experience with Honda’s DCT motorcycle transmission, I’m going to go out on a limb..
    I agree with you that the new Wing will accelerate faster. And it was dumb for Honda to put the rev limiter so low. I just mentioned that the weight difference was not so much. I also didn't buy the F6 to race. It still beats most Harleys. I got a Yamaha fz-09, if I feel like going faster.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I agree with you that the new Wing will accelerate faster. And it was dumb for Honda to put the rev limiter so low. I just mentioned that the weight difference was not so much. I also didn't buy the F6 to race. It still beats most Harleys. I got a Yamaha fz-09, if I feel like going faster.
    I agree with you about going faster..Lots of other bikes will out accelerate the F6B, but for overall comfort and what I ride it for, it is hard to beat....And as said, as long as I have fun smoking HD'S..I'm good to go!!...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I agree with you about going faster..Lots of other bikes will out accelerate the F6B, but for overall comfort and what I ride it for, it is hard to beat....And as said, as long as I have fun smoking HD'S..I'm good to go!!...Regards
    That is fun!
    ITS ALL GOOD

DCT vrs F6b

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    That is fun!
    I have a 2013 F6b and a 2018 DCT Airbag,nobody can change gears as fast or as smooth as the DCT.

Several sources quote 0 - 60 times for the F6B as quicker than the DCT Tour. I would bet the F6B launches harder. Haven't seen a direct comparison to the 6 speed manual Tour, which intuitively should be quicker than both.