Lights on for safety - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lights on for safety

Modulating LED fog lights, headlight lo beam, white LEDs in my turn signals. Very similar to 53 rider.
    On the rear, flashing brake lights (all of them), the Kury surround LED light trim set, added small but very bright,LED brake light. Every time I apply the brakes, they all flash 5 times then solid.
    When someone would pull too close to my rear, I used to slowly turn my head & give them "the look." Not anymore, there's too many nut cases caring a gun. Lots of road rage out there these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Isleen's "standard" view from a cage.
    That's a Whelen white LED bar attached to the fork plastic shroud and it turns with the forks.
    Everything else is SoCal LED lighting.
    Her high beams have a Kisan modulator that I'll run when I'm NOT in traffic, but rather on long country roads so people coming the other way who think they can safely pass think twice and just wait.
    Running the modulator in dense traffic just really irritates people - that's why the modulator is not on my low beams.
    53 driver,that is a golden idea. I ride the mountains sometime late in the day and it's dark. I recognised my problem was I cant see around the turns because my headlight are not moving with the forks. On the platics over the fender is where you mounted those ? Genius !

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    53 driver,that is a golden idea. I ride the mountains sometime late in the day and it's dark. I recognised my problem was I cant see around the turns because my headlight are not moving with the forks. On the platics over the fender is where you mounted those ? Genius !
    Not exactly...
    There is a plastic "half-moon" mounted below the triple tree, forward of the forks. It will not support anything heavier than a small light bar.
    I'll get a pic if you want.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Here's a couple pics....lol.
    Seems I've neglected proper cleaning under there.....
    Hope this helps.
    Steve

Link to the light itself - get the Wide Angle one!!!!
    Part number WIONW
    https://www.whelen.com/auto/product?...74&prod_id=490

And as long as we're at it....here is the link to the Whelen light I put where the rear reflector was, and then moved that reflector under the license plate.
    Part # RSR03ZCR
    https://www.whelen.com/auto/product....74&prod_id=145
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 53driver; 04-23-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: add link
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce