Anyone do much riding on Can Am? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone do much riding on Can Am?

Quote Originally Posted by oboy66 View Post
    I’ve had this conversation with my wife since she becoming less comfortable on two wheels. After considering cost and comfort of the ride we decided just to find her a nice convertible car she can enjoy on weekends, just seemed to make more sense for us.
    Glad to hear you’re healed up. Good luck with your search!
    I have thought about jumping to a convertible if I get uncomfortable riding or can no longer make it on two wheels. My wife has not been interested in riding behind me since my accident in 2012. Plus, the F6B Standard minus backrest is not great for passengers. Volvo C70?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

As for the Can Am itself, I have never ridden one. However, as an owner of multiple Ski Doo snowmobiles, and friends with those who have owned multiple Ski Doo snowmobiles and Sea Doo watercraft, I can say that Rotax engines are very reliable. I have a 600 ACE in one sled, and a 900 in another. I ran the 600 WOT across an 8 mile long frozen reservoir (7200 rpm) and it took it in stride, no oil consumption. Rotax is not in the same league as a 4-stroke engine builder as Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, however. Their engines need more cc's to generate equivalent power, throttle response is not as sharp, and exhaust tone leaves something to be desired.

Ski Doo build quality is a notch below the Yamaha snowmobiles I used to own (prior to their sleds being manufactured by Arctic Cat).
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6