Just back from Trip
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back from Trip

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

Just back from Trip

Took a 4 day 1500 mile trip with a few friends. Stayed in Robbinsville NC. Did the dragon several times. Did the Cherohala and the Foothills parkway, including the new section, Did Moonshiner 28 and also Wolf Pen Gap road down in Suches Ga and other surrounding roads. Had a great time. Awesome rides, great friends and some good bikes. Not all on F6Bs but still a lot of fun. Ate at Topoco Lodge which was very nice and at the Buttered Biscuit one morning Just outside Maggie Valley. Had a great time. Cant wait for the next trip
    20190504_114900.jpg20190503_180019.jpg20190504_120124.jpg20190504_115940.jpg

That is great and I hope to be in some of the same areas in two weeks. Five of us going and first focus is on the new parkway extension, I hear it is awesome. I'll be the only rice with 4 hogs but the lead.

Which waterfall is that one in your pics?

Thats Bald river falls....towards the end of the Cherohala on the right....if going from Robbinsville to Telico Plains. The Foothills parkway extension is awesome. Do yourself a favor and try to do it on a week day. Much less traffic and more fun. What dates are you going?

I lied....Bald River Falls is not on the right....its on the left....if coming from Robbinsville to Telico Plains.... Either Killboy or Photos 129 will also be on the Cherohala taking pictures of you as you come through. They are set up just east of the turn off for Bald River Falls

Well I have been to those falls and knew they were on the south side, very nice. Have you ever followed that road east to see if it stays pavement all the way? I have always jumped back up on the Cherohala but maps show it going through and coming out in NC. Can't tell by Google Earth view. Saturday is the day but at least it will be early when we hit the new extension going north. Staying at Punkin Center Motorcycle Resort Friday night. Not doing the Dragon or the Cherohala this time but will go by Wolf Pen Gap and Suches on the way back south a couple of days later. Thanks for the pics.

LOL funny you should ask
    A year ago we rented a home in Murphy NC. A local told us about that road and said that it would be a nice short cut. We had 3 F6Bs and a Ducati and a Kawasaki. From the Murphy side it starts out pavement, but in very short order turns to gravel and then in short order again turns to a 2 track trail and then at the top of the mountain becomes a one track path covered with leaves and sticks. Yes we took the bikes through there, very slowly. We should have taken pictures but we were busy trying to keep the bikes upright. When you get about 3/4 of the way down it will again turn into a gravel unimproved path and when you get closer to the camp down by the falls it will again become sorta paved. Trust me.....Once was enough for us. We will never do it again. Its more for dirt bikes and ADV riders then street bikes

Great area we were down there last fall, fantastic time. I also was at the Bald River Falls.

So glad to finally here from someone who tried it. Been looking at it for years but always hated to leave the beautiful Parkway to try out that unknown. Thanks I can now forget about it.