Center stand opinions? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Center stand opinions?

The trick I learned to helping getting the bike onto the center stand is rather than trying to lift the bike I just focus on pushing the stand and the bike away from each other.

Getting back to thew original post, I use Cheapcycleparts.com to price check and order OEM parts. I totaled up all the parts from the center stand of the "2016 F6B "Deluxe" Stand" exploded view below to get $123 total. Would this be all I would need for my F6B?

Centerstand.jpg
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I guess you didn't get the "Deluxe"? Lol.
    Stock/OEM center stands can be had for minimal $$ at a trike conversion place.
    Lots of forumites have done this to their Standards.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I wonder where these ‘trike conversion’ places are...none up my way.

I could use a spare rear wheel...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I wonder where these ‘trike conversion’ places are...none up my way.

I could use a spare rear wheel...
    You could ask your Honda dealer. If they don't do conversion's they will know who does.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Getting back to thew original post, I use Cheapcycleparts.com to price check and order OEM parts. I totaled up all the parts from the center stand of the "2016 F6B "Deluxe" Stand" exploded view below to get $123 total. Would this be all I would need for my F6B?

Centerstand.jpg
    I'll sell you #3 for 50% of their price, ($45), just needs black paint on two spots. Pick up in Leander.

Last edited by jmdaniel; 08-22-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Switchmonkey - Ebay has tons of parts, if you're willing to risk doing business there. When I bought my F6b from Honda of Russellville (Arkansas) in 2014, IIRC they do tons of trikes. I dunno if they keep those take-off parts or sell them in bulk to someone else, but I bet they could put you onto a source.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    I'll sell you #3 for 50% of their price, ($45), just needs black paint on two spots. Pick up in Leander.
    DONE! Sometime next week I'll send you a PM to get a meeting place. I'm headed to Big Bend this weekend but could be convinced to do Lime Creek Rd next weekend.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    DONE! Sometime next week I'll send you a PM to get a meeting place. I'm headed to Big Bend this weekend but could be convinced to do Lime Creek Rd next weekend.

Ladies & gentlemen,
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I LOVE MODERATING THIS FORUM!
    Y'all rock!
    Steve

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by MRB68 View Post
    I hate to admit this but I still can't get my bike on the center stand. Is it because when the bike is new the spring is tough? or yes I might just be a wimp. I have to drive it onto a 2x4 then do it. I grab the passenger rail and the handlebar and pull up, tried pulling back and no dice. I watched all the videos I could find and it's gotta be more science than strength?
    Mine is easier if I pull straight up on the grab rail. And ware hard soul shoes.
    Make sure the seat bolts are good and snug on the left side.
    ITS ALL GOOD