New steel steed in stable

Thread: New steel steed in stable

New steel steed in stable

I just put a 2001 Confederate Hellcat G1 with a 120" stage 3 MERCH motor in my stable and what a thoroughbred it is. Pushing 125+ RWH and 130 ft-lb torque with an unbelievable light weight of 410 lbs.
    This exotic MC gives you tunnel vision when you twist up the wick, not for the faint of heart.
    Not the best for canyon carving either, but man oh man it was designed for and is... a straight line performer like few others. This Hellcat feels like it is on a rail, no frame flex at all... as solid feeling as my VTX1800s.
    One thing I have learned (real fast) on my first and only ride is that rolling starts are the best if ya want to play! When I tried to launch it from a stand still I could not get my feet back on them forward setting foot pegs as it launch so damn hard(40 in first gear). LOL
    This machine is a work of art, the more you look at it the more you see the unbelievable details that Confederate went to in making this power house, like every pivot point has a either a roller bearing or sealed ball bearings, even the rear brake pedal has a sealed ball bearing pivot. There was only 500 of the Confederate Hellcat G1 made from 1998 to 2001, then the Confederate Hellcat G2 came out and it looks completely different in the shape of the frame.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Motors

The 120" stage 3 MERCH motor is another work of art... C&C hand built of billet aluminum, it has no gaskets all O-ring sealed, it does not even have head gaskets only grooves where the lipped heads fit into the cylinders to make the combustion chamber seal, it's running 10.5:1 compression pistons and is a 5 speed, right hand drive with a 530 chain and belt drive primmary.
    https://www.merchmotors.com/

I'm doing a complete OEM restore.
    Here are a few pic of it on the lift with the carbon fiber tank off. I had to do some tank repair, but it is fixed now, next I have to custom machine a few missing parts as there are NO Confederate Hellcat parts available anywhere, but no big deal I can fab just about anything in my new shop... happy happy. I'll post some more pic when the tank is on and it is all cleaned up.

right side.JPG

left-side-tank-off.JPG

tank-off.JPG

Yea, Confederate had a sense of humor to as you can see by what they engraved on the timing cover..."DILLIGAF" with "motorcycle company" under it. LOL
    dilligaf.JPG
    Last edited by BIGLRY; 05-07-2019 at 07:08 PM.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

WOW !!!

Nice toy ....

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Congrats Larry!

You know....what I REALLY want to see?
    A picture of you sitting on that beast!

Lol.
    I'm not mature enough for one of those. There'd be "official" paperwork quite soon after I started riding it.....
    Man's got know his limitations.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Great bike, good luck with rebuilding it and be sure and keep us informed on how it is going.

Very cool �� bike but now I'm jealous ��

Those really are considered works of art. Visited the factory a couple of years ago in Birmingham AL.

Have fun with it Larry and I do like that timing cover!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Congrats Larry!

You know....what I REALLY want to see?
    A picture of you sitting on that beast!

Lol.
    I'm not mature enough for one of those. There'd be "official" paperwork quite soon after I started riding it.....
    Man's got know his limitations.....
    I'll post a pic with me on it as soon as I get it all prettied up, will probably look like a Elephant riding a football.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I'll post a pic with me on it as soon as I get it all prettied up, will probably look like a Elephant riding a football.
    Your just asking for it Big-un.
    ITS ALL GOOD