Stressful start to the week ...

Thread: Stressful start to the week ...

Stressful start to the week ...

... feeling anxious ... having a hard time draining the ridiculousness of the humans that have starred in the first two days of my work week. The clock read 7:00, decent shows coming on TV, dinner not quite ready. Not sure what drove the thought, but within a minute, I had six cylinders on their side lit up and rumbling to go. Casually took a ride down by the lake (Ontario), some curvy roads, back to the lake, and leisurely back home. I was stunned when I had rolled up 40 miles after pulling into the driveway. No particular destination, no desire to find paths unknown. Just cruising around, barely breaking the speed limit. The 70s music via Bluetooth helped with the time warp.

This is not normal for me. I ride to work ~60 times per year, and have my weekend routes, but rarely do I take an evening weeknight ride. It was very pleasant and stress relieving. I should do this more often.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    ... feeling anxious ... having a hard time draining the ridiculousness of the humans that have starred in the first two days of my work week. The clock read 7:00, decent shows coming on TV, dinner not quite ready. Not sure what drove the thought, but within a minute, I had six cylinders on their side lit up and rumbling to go. Casually took a ride down by the lake (Ontario), some curvy roads, back to the lake, and leisurely back home. I was stunned when I had rolled up 40 miles after pulling into the driveway. No particular destination, no desire to find paths unknown. Just cruising around, barely breaking the speed limit. The 70s music via Bluetooth helped with the time warp.

This is not normal for me. I ride to work ~60 times per year, and have my weekend routes, but rarely do I take an evening weeknight ride. It was very pleasant and stress relieving. I should do this more often.

Amen brother - we all should!

It's called "Wind Therapy " for a reason. No appointment needed, just turn the key.

Yep actually don't know where I would be without my bike therapy. Can't beat it..ride safe and enjoy the tunes

Riding along the Lake was a great stress reliever for me through most of the 1980's. I worked at Nine Point II for 8 years. Live in hot humid flat Florida now but can ride 12 months out of the year. Heading from Ocala to Oswego NY on the "B" sometime after Memorial day. Thinking of going through the Finger Lakes area (haven't been there in years) and hitting 104 between Rochester and Oswego so I can cruise along the Lake. Of course that means a stop at Rudy's, best fish in Oswego County.

You joined the forum
    Now your in the club
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Riding along the Lake was a great stress reliever for me through most of the 1980's. I worked at Nine Point II for 8 years. Live in hot humid flat Florida now but can ride 12 months out of the year. Heading from Ocala to Oswego NY on the "B" sometime after Memorial day. Thinking of going through the Finger Lakes area (haven't been there in years) and hitting 104 between Rochester and Oswego so I can cruise along the Lake. Of course that means a stop at Rudy's, best fish in Oswego County.
    I would recommend many other roads than 104. Lake Road from Webster to Sodus Point is a great ride, about 30 miles and no stop signs or red lights.

From there, there are many other back roads to get to Rudy's that are a far better choice than 104. Let me know when you are coming up, I will either join you in the ride, or give you directions!!

I swear, some of the best ... and most unknown ... motorcycle roads are in upstate NY.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I would recommend many other roads than 104. Lake Road from Webster to Sodus Point is a great ride, about 30 miles and no stop signs or red lights.

From there, there are many other back roads to get to Rudy's that are a far better choice than 104. Let me know when you are coming up, I will either join you in the ride, or give you directions!!

I swear, some of the best ... and most unknown ... motorcycle roads are in upstate NY.
    Thanks for the info. I am not sure exactly what day I am leaving. It should be mid-week the week of Memorial day. I have to button up school stuff before leaving. I am also not sure of how long I will take to get there, it depends what routes I take and how many times I get side tracked.

I will PM you when I am close. I should be in NY for 2-3 weeks so maybe we can meet up for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am not sure exactly what day I am leaving. It should be mid-week the week of Memorial day. I have to button up school stuff before leaving. I am also not sure of how long I will take to get there, it depends what routes I take and how many times I get side tracked.

I will PM you when I am close. I should be in NY for 2-3 weeks so maybe we can meet up for a ride.
    Okay, sounds good. Will PM you my phone number.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6