2018 Goldwing DCT vs The Dragon

Thread: 2018 Goldwing DCT vs The Dragon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for the review!
    Test drove the DCT and I see no reason to have it in anything but "Sport" mode.
    If the previous owner "couldn't tell the difference between Tour & Sport" - well, yeah, back to the BMW for him!
    I'm very glad that yo are enjoying your new ride!

Since she is a daily driver for you, what mode do you use for commuting and why?
    I'll also be interested in the range per tankful - I know what Honda said, just wanted to see if it panned out.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Thank you for the review!
    Test drove the DCT and I see no reason to have it in anything but "Sport" mode.
    If the previous owner "couldn't tell the difference between Tour & Sport" - well, yeah, back to the BMW for him!
    I'm very glad that yo are enjoying your new ride!

Since she is a daily driver for you, what mode do you use for commuting and why?
    I'll also be interested in the range per tankful - I know what Honda said, just wanted to see if it panned out.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve,
    I do run back and forth in tour mode mainly because I'm in traffic and the electronic throttle control is very sensitive (aggressive) in sport mode and if I need (or want) it then it's just a click away. I haven't even given Econ or Rain any time yet. In tour mode I'm getting from 220-235 per tank but filling it up at around 1/4 tank which is about 175 miles. I have not tested the "miles remaining" accuracy because it's too heavy to have to push... lol
    Jimmy

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver
    wide variety of music on the USB

Quote Originally Posted by Jimamiah View Post
    Thanks Steve,
    I do run back and forth in tour mode mainly because I'm in traffic and the electronic throttle control is very sensitive (aggressive) in sport mode and if I need (or want) it then it's just a click away. I haven't even given Econ or Rain any time yet. In tour mode I'm getting from 220-235 per tank but filling it up at around 1/4 tank which is about 175 miles. I have not tested the "miles remaining" accuracy because it's too heavy to have to push... lol
    Jimmy
    My 2013 gets 43mpg. I fill up at 200 miles. I could probly go 250 or more till she was dry.
    I ride it easy. Ive had my fun on faster bikes over the years.
    Time to relax now.
    And the stock seat just keeps getting better. The more I use the highway bars the longer I can last.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I also purchased a 2018 left over/demo... DCT... I have seen no need to run in ecno or rain, sport is to short for around town and tour is to tall in gearing. You can always put it in manual and shift on your demand. I'm thinking sport in the mountains or maual. Bike handles very well, although I do have some add ons for suspension. Fuel milage is a non issue for me...I like it and am well under way of making it "mine"...There is a learning curve for the DCT and the electronics... Trying to make nice with Apple Play now...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com