Question for 1/2 and 3/4 helmet guys. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for 1/2 and 3/4 helmet guys.

This is what I wear with glasses or more often, prescription sunglasses, and I love it. It fogs just a tiny bit, but quickly clears up. I have a BaggerShield also.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-route-helmet

I just bought a 3/4 for the same reason. I wanted to be cooler on hot days but still have good protection. I got an HJC IS-33 II. It has a ratcheting face shield that I leave up at slower speeds. It also has a drop down sun shield which is really handy in changing light conditions. It's also a must if you have glasses with photochromic lenses. Those lenses won't darken with the shield down because the plastic blocks the UV that triggers the process.

They're not easy to find, but the Shark Evoline modular helmets let you fold the chin bar all the way back, essentially converting to a 3/4 helmet with removing any parts. I've never seen another one like it.

I wear Wiley X Airrage Sunglasses, Polarized Blue Mirror, Gloss Black
    I just bought a new pair via Amazon / My first pair lasted 5 years and I ride almost everyday
    They are the best I have used / Polarized / ruber seal needed with contacts

I highly recommend them to anyone.

Stevenolts

What is the safest 3/4 helmet that you can use sunglasses with?
    I love the feeling of my face in the wind with the 1/2 helmet / but I don't want to wear the 1/2 helmet not as safe

I have a Schuberth for full modular helmet / I love this when I have to use a full face in rain or extreme cold.

Shoei RJ Platinum 3/4. As safe as can be for a 3/4 and comfy too.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I typically wear a full face Arai especially for long runs.Last year I bought a Scorpian 3/4 as sometimes it's just too hot. It comes with a full ,below the chin face shield that can be adjusted up or down,an internal flip down shades and a visor that can be swapped with the face shield. The change is easy but I use the face shield in the up position until it rains or whatever Colorado throws that day.. The ratchets are strong enough that it doesnt come down at speed and the internal shade has enough room I can wear shades under it while it's down so your glasses will probably work well behind the shade.

I have the Scorpion EXO-CT2200 it is very nice with the shield down / but not with sun glasses
    stevenolts

I would like to find a 3/4 helmet that feels naked like a 1/2 helmet with sunglasses
    there must be something like that. I love the feel of the wind but I feel like I am risking my life. I wear all the gear but still have a 1/2 helmet which defeats most of the purpose of the gear.
    stevenolts

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have the Scorpion EXO-CT2200 it is very nice with the shield down / but not with sun glasses
    stevenolts
    I dont know the model of mine. IF I remember I'll check it and post back...

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    What is the safest 3/4 helmet that you can use sunglasses with?
    I love the feeling of my face in the wind with the 1/2 helmet / but I don't want to wear the 1/2 helmet not as safe

I have a Schuberth for full modular helmet / I love this when I have to use a full face in rain or extreme cold.
    I think I read somewhere that broken jaws are the most common injury in motorcycle crashes ... or was it broken ribs? Don't recall. Anyway, I would think any helmet minus a chin bar is not all that safe.

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro full-face modular as well ... I like my older one so much, I bought another - hi-viz E1. Super comfortable helmets. I wear mine year-round.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6