FYI - FL. has no helmet laws. I wear a helmet in case I crash. I buy the best, highest rated helmet I can afford, my head & brains are worth it. They won't save your life in 100% of crashes...Check webbikeworld.com. ratings
Most new helmets have changed the padding to allow for glasses. Most new full face helmets have red emergency "pulls" on the cheek pads so EMT's can get the helmet off w/o twisting the riders neck.
Germany did a long study on MC crashes & helmets. Helmets do save lives. In 78% of all crashes, the rider does a face plant. I wear a full face helmet to protect my head, brains & face. Most new full face helmets have "pin lock" (inter shield) so it doesn't steam up. If not, crack open one notch / click, steams gone.
Personally, I think everyone should wear a top quality helmet. Should it be a law? In my opinion, NO. If you choose not to wear one, I don't care, it's your life. If you crash & become a vegetable for your family to, feed, wipe your butt & care for, that's on you...…. I'm not looking for a pissin' contest about wearing helmets...…… wear it or not, it's your call.