Discount Tire - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discount Tire

Quote Originally Posted by VaBob View Post
    I mean, they're both hoops of rubber that hold air. Unless your fancy, then its hoops of rubber that hold nitrogen.
    Let me know the next time you wear Craftsman Work Boots instead of dress shoes with your tuxedo, I mean, they're both soles with leather that hold feet. Unless yo fancy, then its soles of leather and "man made uppers." Lololololololol....

It's amazing after all these years riders are still bagging out others for going darkside, get over it. You will never know or understand until you go darkside & do it for yourself. I have and I like it !
    This is not meant to stir up a hornets nest, just erks me off.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by BigT01 View Post
    It's amazing after all these years riders are still bagging out others for going darkside, get over it. You will never know or understand until you go darkside & do it for yourself. I have and I like it !

Tony
    Tony,
    Not "bagging out" on anyone.
    Everyone has to - and gets to - ride their own ride.

MANY forumites ask me, at least once a year, why I haven't done it and I'm just making sure they know my position has not changed - FOR ME.
    Y'all do what you want!
    As will I.
    Cheers mate
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Designed for different applications...

It doesn't "erk me off" if someone what's to use a CT tire instead of a MC tire. I think it's unsafe & I see no up side to it.....If I know they're running a CT & I'm riding w/ them, I want to be in front of them...…
    Same w/ riders that don't were a helmet, it's your life, your family, you're a adult, do with it as you please...... I've lost 3 friends that were in slow crashes, none wore a helmet. All within 20 miles of home.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT01 View Post

Tony
    I went to the dark Side yesterday. Layed the bike down on some folded up carpet. Easy to do. Had to jack it up a bit under the center stand to get the tire off the ground. It was a 30 minuet job taking a brake. (bad back). Had to give it some ass to get it back up but not a problem.
    Took it for a 25 mile ride. Didn't notice very much difference at all. Cornered nice and felt good.
    Will stay that way till something else convinces me otherwise.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Going to the Dark Side is not like getting a Tattoo! It's reversible! You try the Dark Side and see if it fits your needs/riding style! If it doesn't you remove the CT and return to a MT! No harm done! The drama created by naysayers is and will be never-ending! No one is jumping off a bridge. Pass the Pop Corn
    Last edited by bob109; 05-16-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Heck, put a CT on the front too.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Heck, put a CT on the front too.
    The BT-45 is a popular choice for a CT on the front.
    Drive Jehu took that configuration to the Arctic Circle & back.

The BT-45 is actually a REAR MT mounted and run on the front. Some folks have this tire mounted with the side wall Directional Arrow in the opposite direction of normal! I have my BT-45's mounted with the Arrow in the normal position. Having well over 45K miles on BT-45's, I'm currently on my third tire and will continue using this setup on my 6. When mounted the 45 is actually 1/4" narrower than the OEM Tire and is a great "corner carver" when compared to the OEM.