Discount Tire - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Discount Tire

FYI. Just some info I discovered today in reference Walmart road hazard policy, I thought it was a good idea to go with the national chain in the future, however, the policy limit stated below has me thinking to stick with the more liberal policy limits I have now, $26 per tire vs $10 at Walmart but no mileage/wear restriction vs within 25%.

Road Hazard Warranty
    The Road Hazard Warranty is just $10.00 per tire and covers:

Unforeseen road hazards
    Flat repairs
    Free replacement of non-repairable tires within the first 25% of tread wear

My current one:

American Tire Depot will replace a tire that becomes unserviceable due to cuts, Non-repairable punctures or impact damage. American Tire Depot will repair tires with tread-face injuries if it could be safely repaired.
    This certificate covers failures in tires purchased from American Tire Depot.
    This warranty is valid for 36 months from the date of purchase or when the tire reaches 3/32 of an inch, whichever occurs first. A tire is considered worn out when it has 3/32 of an inch or less tread depth.
    The purchaser will be charged additional fees to purchase Road Hazard Warranty on replaced tires.
    Mounting and balancing charges may apply.

Would be curious to know if there are better/or equal national available road hazard policies out there?

This one limits me to CA only, since they are not available elsewhere in the USA.
    Last edited by maxrider; 07-10-2021 at 09:24 AM.

All the warranty info is fine and dandy. But not a word on what the tire is mounted on. They assume its going on a car rim.
    I wouldn't trust them to back it up if its mounted on a MC rim.

Only the policy makers would know. And they can change the rules on the fly since there's no mention of this subject in the warranty.
    Ok, enough
    negative thoughts.
    ITS ALL GOOD

No, you might have a valid point if it was stipulated, but when you use "assume" and "trust" and "only they would know" and "change on the fly" now you have a lot of ingredients you add to the conversation, just saying .