Discount Tire

Thread: Discount Tire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Evidence

So after 3 blowouts with MC tires in the rear, and not sustaining injuries, but having to deal with all related BS to get it fixed and or towed, I saw the light .

No, I have been considering it for a while and been looking for the legal ramifications if any.

Been not able to locate any proof that a DOT-approved tire on a DOT rim is in violation of any kind, and supporting evidence from trikes and current non trike owners who go Darkside seems to bolster that theory.

Neither did I find any evidence of Insurance claims not being processed for Darkside in use and involved in accidents and made to be the culprit.

So for a more hassle-free solution, I selected an RF Pirelli, and because Pirelli uses a bit softer contact rubber(lower treadwear factor) but potentially better road contact, I know from previous sport car experiences.

So American Tires agreed on mounting Cinturato P7 RF for $25, and $29 road hazard policy, tx and Mil discount=$191 out the door.

Just wondering about the ideal tire pressure, any current owners who want to enlighten me, I carry moderate luggage (read as riding with a passenger, although I never have one) and like to go fast 80 + on average.
    Last edited by maxrider; 07-03-2021 at 08:27 PM.