Discount Tire
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Just ordered a Perilli snow control RF from Discount Tire. $96. When checking out they offered to ship it to their store a couple of miles from my house. They also offered to mount it everything included for $124. They made an appointment for him(tire is for brothers 6) this Thursday at 4:30pm. Let's see what happens when he shows up with a MC rim! Did not talk to a real person all done on line.

Been doing business w/ Discount Tire for many years, great company to deal with. I've always called & talked to a rep. I once ask the rep. about buying MC tires. "We won't touch them." he said, "too many liability issues." It'll be interesting to see what happens when he gets to the store.

I went to my local tire store and told them what I was doing before hand. They were happy to do my work and wanted me to come by and show them the bike after I had the tire on it. Made quick friends with the owner who is a rider and was wondering about the dark side as one of his friends does it..
    But he said he had to wright it up as a non standard tire change. So their covered.
    ITS ALL GOOD

"non standard tire change" makes sense. I'd bet, someplace in your fine print there's a disclaimer about a "non standard tire change."

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    I went to my local tire store and told them what I was doing before hand. They were happy to do my work and wanted me to come by and show them the bike after I had the tire on it. Made quick friends with the owner who is a rider and was wondering about the dark side as one of his friends does it..
    But he said he had to wright it up as a non standard tire change. So their covered.
    You have a DOT Approved Tire on a DOT Approved Rim....enough said!

Some people are slow to change.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Some people are slow to change.
    Call me "Brontosaurus"!

Car tires aren't made for MC's & MC tires are not made for cars. To me, it's a apples & oranges deal.
    After following a buddy on a CT, the "dark side " is not for me...... I fail to see the "up side" of the "dark side." A little extra tire mileage, not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Car tires aren't made for MC's & MC tires are not made for cars. To me, it's a apples & oranges deal.
    After following a buddy on a CT, the "dark side " is not for me...... I fail to see the "up side" of the "dark side." A little extra tire mileage, not worth the risk.
    Amen brother two completely different designs and dynamics...not the same

I mean, they're both hoops of rubber that hold air. Unless your fancy, then its hoops of rubber that hold nitrogen.