New Goldwing diminished luggage space...

Thread: New Goldwing diminished luggage space...

New Goldwing diminished luggage space...

How have those that purchased a 2018/2019 Goldwing found the lack of luggage space to work for them? I am on the verge of making a deal for one, but do have some concerns about that lack of luggage room. It should be fine most of the time as I mostly ride solo, but if I want to take the wife along, the room is pretty limited. Any good solutions found, hints, tricks, tips?

2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Those look good.
    If you ride solo like me just add a bag behind you in the rear seat.
    When I go South this summer I will be towing my little trailer.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    How have those that purchased a 2018/2019 Goldwing found the lack of luggage space to work for them? I am on the verge of making a deal for one, but do have some concerns about that lack of luggage room. It should be fine most of the time as I mostly ride solo, but if I want to take the wife along, the room is pretty limited. Any good solutions found, hints, tricks, tips?
    Helmet is a major headache , depend on size and bluetooth headset . I bought a trailer to solve the problem

JB

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    A buddy of mine bought a new '18, and I think he's going to put the Corbin doors on. I still can't believe how little storage space is on that bike.

Great idea by Corbin.

Will a helmet fit inside those bags now?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Great idea by Corbin.

Will a helmet fit inside those bags now?
    I don't see it in person yet...However I would bet that is the intention of Corbin when creating this option

JB

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
    I don't see it in person yet...However I would bet that is the intention of Corbin when creating this option

JB
    I had a post yesterday, went to edit it earlier, and must have deleted it. I was looking at a 2018 Goldwing Tour, and asked the question in the op. I didnt realize it until I was filling out the paper work, but the bike I bought had a Pakit Rak with it. This is a really nice farkle to address the luggage concern.

https://pakitrak.com/products/copy-o...r-2018-to-20xx

I have been using a Trunk that I had ordered from there https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-pr...ped-hard-trunk. It has a loud amount of space to carry my all basic stuff including a helmet. The out shield is hard and waterproof. So, I'm pretty satisfied with it and definitely recommend you to visit it once.