Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one?

Yesterday I put my 2015 F6B Deluxe, up for sale, wanting to get a FJR which I have wanted one for a very long time, today standing in the garage looking at that pretty blue B sitting there I'm thinking I can't sell it. Guess I'll put a Laam seat on it, change out the rivco highway pegs for Kury IIIs add some clearwater lights and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    I do the same on mine. Thanks for the info, it looks like I will be very comfortable on it. I was going to get another 2019 full Wing but actually didn't like the ride enough to pull the trigger on it. Also my wife doesn't ride with me so I figure the Connie will be a good 2nd choice and a whole lot cheaper!
    If you've never tried a BMW R1200RT, do yourself a favor and try it before you settle on the Connie.
    I test rode the 2019 r1200rt a few weeks back and loved everything except the two cylinder noise and feel. A week later I test rode a 2016 which is now in my garage.
    I've spent the last 5 years with 2 bikes in the garage (f6b plus another). I loved the fb6 but wanted something sportier and lighter. Went through FJR (considered Connie), F6C, then Ninja1000. Ninja was closest so I thought about selling the B and keeping only the Ninja until I did a 420 mile 14 hour day on the backroads. My knees were sore for 2 days.
    I went looking for a used K1600gt and ended up on the r1200rt. The r1200rt is comfortable, quick, 200 lbs lighter, manages wind very well and has lots of storage. The r1200rt also has a lower center of gravity than the inline 4s (FJR/Connie). It has only been a week but I've done 2 350+ backroad days and I don't miss the B one bit. The 2 cylinder engine may be noisy and ugly but the torque is fantastic everywhere.
    I wanted something great on the highway and great on the back roads in the mountains. So far I believe I've found it.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Joe View Post
    Yesterday I put my 2015 F6B Deluxe, up for sale, wanting to get a FJR which I have wanted one for a very long time, today standing in the garage looking at that pretty blue B sitting there I'm thinking I can't sell it. Guess I'll put a Laam seat on it, change out the rivco highway pegs for Kury IIIs add some clearwater lights and call it good.
    I've read and heard very good things about the Laam seat. Also, if you haven't looked into Mic-O pegs, they are worth taking a look at for some different positions than the Kury's, though the Kury's are nice, too. Good luck with it all!

Jason