Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one?

Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one?

I'm looking real hard at buying a new 2017 Concours for a 2nd bike.

Anyone who has or had one ?
    Good or bad points?
    I'm probably going to get a new 2017 model because that year was Blue here in Canada.

Any difference from 2017 to 2019 model?

thanks Lloyd

I had a 2009 Concours, it was a very hot bike. The engine heat vented out around my feet & shins. After a mile or two, it felt like a heat gun blowing on them. I took off the lower fairing and it wasn't near as bad. Remember it was a 2009...………………..I think...... I've owned waaaay too many bikes. Never a HD, thank goodness. I also had a 2007 1300 FJR, it was wicked fast, rode & handled great, no heat issues...………..Faster than my B but didn't ride as good.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I had a 2009 Concours, it was a very hot bike. The engine heat vented out around my feet & shins. After a mile or two, it felt like a heat gun blowing on them. I took off the lower fairing and it wasn't near as bad. Remember it was a 2009...………………..I think...... I've owned waaaay too many bikes. Never a HD, thank goodness. I also had a 2007 1300 FJR, it was wicked fast, rode & handled great, no heat issues...………..Faster than my B but didn't ride as good.
    thanks the Yamaha FJR was my next choice but it's about a 1000 more and the saddle bags are extra but who knows. I will try to test drive both this summer. I have a 2010 Concours lined up for a test ride my dealer has it here. He wants 9500.00 on the road it has 19500klms on it.

Shop around for the best deal you can find. I've always got nice discounts from Yamaha dealers here in FL. Make sure they're up front & honest about their "stealer fees." Indian dealership in Ocala, Fl. 3-4 different fees totaled close to $2,000 bucks. Now that's a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I hope your '07 was the best color, black cherry. That's what is in my garage here...

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    thanks the Yamaha FJR was my next choice but it's about a 1000 more and the saddle bags are extra but who knows. I will try to test drive both this summer. I have a 2010 Concours lined up for a test ride my dealer has it here. He wants 9500.00 on the road it has 19500klms on it.
    What? No FJR was sold with the saddle bags extra.

Owned an FJR for a bit. Chose it over a Concourse. Let it go after 1 year.
    Check out the 2017+ Kawasaki Ninja. Fantastic bike, 150+ lbs lighter than FJR and Connie. Nice after market hardbags available.
    Last edited by JGF6B; 05-19-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Riding the upward spiral.

08 and 09 were the hot ones. 2010 and up they redesigned the fairing to fix the heat issue. I owned an 08 and then a 12. I put over 30,000 on each with no problems. A little top heavy. Lots of room in the bags. Pretty fast for almost 700 lbs. $9500 for a 2010 sounds high. Good deals are plentiful on used C14's.
    Last edited by Zteve; 05-19-2019 at 05:24 PM.

That's what I thought too. I asked the sales guy why the Yamaha site would show the price with the bags on and he said " yeah we have had a few people say that". I'm going to check another dealer in town just to make sure he wasn't full of crap. If he was I'll be making another stop in to have a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    08 and 09 were the hot ones. 2010 and up they redesigned the fairing to fix the heat issue. I owned an 08 and then a 12. I put over 30,000 on each with no problems. A little top heavy. Lots of room in the bags. Pretty fast for almost 700 lbs. $9500 for a 2010 sounds high. Good deals are plentiful on used C14's.
    thanks How easy was an oil change?