Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Anyone ever own one?

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    thanks How easy was an oil change?
    Very easy!

Had a 2009 and loved it. Rode it from Florida to Alaska and back and it was a great bike to travel on. Bags came off with ease. Had plenty of power and handled great. Windshield up and down with the touch of a button.. Real tpms that gave out tire pressure readings every time the bike was started. Only draw back was it sucked for the passenger. Seating in the back was horrible according to my wife. Heat didn't bother me but I heard they made a change to improve that in 2010.

I have owned 3 1400 Concours an 08 and 2 09's. Great bikes if I had not developed a hip problem would probably still be riding one. Leg angle little to far back. I tried relocating pegs but could not make the bike comfortable for me on a all day ride. Now I have a full wing and my F6B is my sporty bike.

Why don't you just get a new F6B they look to be just like an Concourse or FJR1300
    Just joking

When I bought my F6B I thought for sure I was going to buy either an FJR1300 or Concourse.
    I test rode all three several times back to back before I bought the F6B.

The F6B won the sale!!!! and I have never regreted the purchase. I love the F6b and tell everyone I see that I ride every bike they will let me ride. I still thing this is the best overall bike there is.

That said I still would like another bike to go with it.
    I am leaning towards the Yamaha FJ-09 or Yamaha Versys now.

I still have my 1981 Honda CB750K that I bought new.

I just bought a 1981 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim for $100.00
    I am restoring slash refreshing now to resell.
    I rebuilt the carbs and added new battery oil change shaft drive oil change spark plugs pirelli tires air filter
    it runs great and still has good paint and all the parts everything works
    I am waiting for a new master cylinder caliper rebuild kit brake pads and rear brake shoes
    I am running on the rear brake for now but I can't stop riding it.
    Stevenolts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I have owned 3 1400 Concours an 08 and 2 09's. Great bikes if I had not developed a hip problem would probably still be riding one. Leg angle little to far back. I tried relocating pegs but could not make the bike comfortable for me on a all day ride. Now I have a full wing and my F6B is my sporty bike.
    what is your leg length? I'm 6.1" with a 34 leg and a mean slim 190lbs..lolo..maybe a bit of a beer belly

I just got off a 2016 C-14 when I purchased my F6B.
    The "Connie" is a better bike for those that want to go fast. It would hit 120 mph very quickly and handled like a sport bike. ABS and the TPS were good safety features. The Concours has a big following and good after market product selection.
    But like others have said the riding position grew to be too uncomfortable even with bar risers and peg lowering kits installed.
    My switch to the F6B has been great with its improved seating & riding comfort.

K Gee

I owned a 2014 Connie for about a year before moving into my F6B. I researched the heck out of it for about a year against the FJR. It was a fast bike, dangerously so. Stoplight to stoplight was pretty addicting. The forward riding position was not comfortable past about a half hour, which made it not so good on long trips. Also the handlebar buzz would numb up my hands after about 20 minutes - it is a well known topic with these bikes, but not everyone has this problem. I have a 32" inseam, and was always on my toes while stopped. If you like raw power and being able to dominate most every other rider around you and don't mind staying ever alert as you ride, it is a great bike. If you like to relax when you ride, go long distances, and still have plenty of reserve power for the occasional speed burst, stay with the F6B. I got a good deal on the Connie, but never seemed to be able to make it a comfortable tourer through aftermarket parts. I think overall it is a younger man's bike who doesn't mind wrestling with it.

For my 50th birthday, I bought myself a KTM 1290 Super Adventure for long distance touring and off-road. 160 HP like the Connie, but with state of the art safety features and electronics. It is a much more livable alternative to the Connle. But I still kept my F6B-it is just too good of a bike to sell at the low price they are going for these days, and nothing can compare to it if you have the occasional passenger..

Quote Originally Posted by Spy Hunter View Post
    I owned a 2014 Connie for about a year before moving into my F6B. I researched the heck out of it for about a year against the FJR. It was a fast bike, dangerously so. Stoplight to stoplight was pretty addicting. The forward riding position was not comfortable past about a half hour, which made it not so good on long trips. Also the handlebar buzz would numb up my hands after about 20 minutes - it is a well known topic with these bikes, but not everyone has this problem. I have a 32" inseam, and was always on my toes while stopped. If you like raw power and being able to dominate most every other rider around you and don't mind staying ever alert as you ride, it is a great bike. If you like to relax when you ride, go long distances, and still have plenty of reserve power for the occasional speed burst, stay with the F6B. I got a good deal on the Connie, but never seemed to be able to make it a comfortable tourer through aftermarket parts. I think overall it is a younger man's bike who doesn't mind wrestling with it.

For my 50th birthday, I bought myself a KTM 1290 Super Adventure for long distance touring and off-road. 160 HP like the Connie, but with state of the art safety features and electronics. It is a much more livable alternative to the Connle. But I still kept my F6B-it is just too good of a bike to sell at the low price they are going for these days, and nothing can compare to it if you have the occasional passenger..
    As I said in a prior post I loved the bike for some of the same reason you stated, gobs of power, great handling and fun to ride. I because of my job ride long distance every summer and I was very comfortable on the Connie. I rode it to Alaska at the age of 54 w/o a problem. I have always hated the feet forward, all weight on my Azz position. Even on the 6 when I start to get restless I place my feet on the passenger pegs as an option to using highway pegs. It gives me two options for riding positions. The windshield, bags removal, and tpms made it a great traveling bike. I guess riding position is different for everyone. I would prob still have the Connie if my wife didn't ride with me or she had kept her own bike. I don't want or need two bikes so the 6 is a much better fit for me and the wife and everyone knows it's better when the wife is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    As I said in a prior post I loved the bike for some of the same reason you stated, gobs of power, great handling and fun to ride. I because of my job ride long distance every summer and I was very comfortable on the Connie. I rode it to Alaska at the age of 54 w/o a problem. I have always hated the feet forward, all weight on my Azz position. Even on the 6 when I start to get restless I place my feet on the passenger pegs as an option to using highway pegs. It gives me two options for riding positions. The windshield, bags removal, and tpms made it a great traveling bike. I guess riding position is different for everyone. I would prob still have the Connie if my wife didn't ride with me or she had kept her own bike. I don't want or need two bikes so the 6 is a much better fit for me and the wife and everyone knows it's better when the wife is happy!
    I do the same on mine. Thanks for the info, it looks like I will be very comfortable on it. I was going to get another 2019 full Wing but actually didn't like the ride enough to pull the trigger on it. Also my wife doesn't ride with me so I figure the Connie will be a good 2nd choice and a whole lot cheaper!

I sold my second F6B and bought a 2012 Concours 14. Just always wanted one. No heat issues, way fast and comfortable. Mine had lowered pegs, Russell Day Long seat and adjustable handlebars when I bought it. It is as comfortable as my F6B was but you sit on the bike not in the bike. Totally different seat positioning and tall. It is the most comfortable sport touring bike I have had: Aprilla Futura, Honda ST1300, BMW K1200S, K1200GT, Triumph Sprint GT. But I never has a FJR.