FLAG MOUNT? Any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLAG MOUNT? Any ideas?

FLAG MOUNT? Any ideas?

Anyone find or devise a flag mount other than a hitch?

I tried replacing the antenna with a steel one but I was afraid it was going to damage the mount on the bike. I just got a small flag to try on the stock antenna. Other than that I'm thinking about mounting a flagpole to the rear rack. A small one. Another idea I have in my head is to make a mount that would bolt to the saddlebag crash bar. Like a plate with some u-bolts or something. That should be able to hold a full size flag. I don't have the proper equipment to make one or I already would have. Maybe I'll figure something out. If you do let us know.

I was thinking along those lines. Between the passenger back rest and the luggage rack, it should be easy enough to fabricate a mount. Other options rear crash bar, maybe something frame mounted.

No... the trailer hitch is the best and strongest ideal and plently of after market items for it....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Kury makes a staff that attaches to the lic plate.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Riding with the Patriot Guard I am dealing with the same issue on flag mounts. I am thinking of adding 2 small aluminum poles to my luggage rack by putting a screw through the rack from the bottom and into the flag pole base. An alternative is to use the poles from Rumbling Pride that mount with double face 3 m tape. I've had mixed luck with them. On my ST1300 I mounted them with a small screw from the underside of the rear panel and it worked very well. Just a few thoughts to consider.
    NCF6B

I just LOVE the $340 for Kury's hitch receiver so you can put a flag on your F6B.

I run twin mounts on the saddlebag guards (3X5 on a six foot pole) with no problems. Quick change install/removal.
    Pics coming.

Saw a guy at a local bike night use a boat clamp style flag holder with flag.Boats clamp them to the front rails going around the front of the boat.He had it attached/clamped to the side rear crash bar/saddlebag guards.Was not a F6B but it will work as most boat clamps are adjustable for different size rails.West Marine.com or a local boat supply store should have them.
    Ride it like you stole it

Attachment 3244Attachment 3245Attachment 3246Attachment 3247

The base tubing is 2X1X.120 wall mild steel, the pipe is 1 inch inside diameter (holds wooden poles nice and snug).

The steel rod is necessary to offset the camber of the end of the guard.

A couple of hours and they were done except for paint on the bottom of the mount (the pipe is thick wall stainless).

P.S.

The two screws can be loosened and the mount turned sideways to install/remove.

The road test at 70-75 showed no adverse effects (flags were covered with vinyl sleeves).