Saddleman Seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddleman Seat

Saddleman Seat

Who has a Saddleman on their f6b? What do you think about it?

Russell Day Long's are the best bang for your buck...………………………….in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    Who has a Saddleman on their f6b? What do you think about it?
    I was wondering that same question myself. I am a few hours away might have to take a ride in Los Angles soon

I found a Saddlemen seat (gently used) on this Forum. After install, IMHO, it dropped me about 1/2 to 3/4 inch lower than OEM seat. And, there is a pretty comfortable "lower back rest" that results from the sculpturing of the seat. I did have some install issues in trying to line-up the seat bolts. I contacted Saddlemen to ask some ??s and they responded that they didn't have a seat for a F6B! Weird... very weird... so I went back to the seller who was adamant that the seat came off of his F6B. He suggested getting some seat bolts with tapered ends to help "get the tip in...". So I bought a set of those... and after some finaggling and a beer or two, was finally able to get all four bolts secured.

As far as comfort... IMHO, very comfortable. I recently did a 6-day ride -- about 2,200 miles; riding between 350-400 miles/day -- and no issues; very comfortable.

F6B Antelope OR 07-01-18 B.jpg

very comfy looking seat !

So, on a whim, I checked out the Saddlemen website... and now they DO have a seat for F6B. Maybe the guy I talked to about 6 months ago was "new." Looks similar in shape to what I have, but current model has some cool-lookin design elements (e.g., quilting).

https://www.saddlemen.com/road-sofa-...onda-3?search=

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
    So, on a whim, I checked out the Saddlemen website... and now they DO have a seat for F6B. Maybe the guy I talked to about 6 months ago was "new." Looks similar in shape to what I have, but current model has some cool-lookin design elements (e.g., quilting).

https://www.saddlemen.com/road-sofa-...onda-3?search=
    That's the one I have. I find it to be very comfortable.

Hey OlyF6B, what year F6b do you have? I have a 2013 and saddlemen said the roadsofa won't fit my bike... only 2014 - 2017.... ???????

I've never heard anything bad about Saddlemen. So one must assume they're a good saddle. The riders post above like them
    I've always used RDL's on my bikes. Custom made to fit "you" & the way "you" ride. You can ride all day long …..thus the name Russell "Day Long"
    I would never own another Corbin, waaay to hard for me.

There is no difference between the 2013 F6B and the later F6Bs concerning the seat and seat mounting. also there is no 2017 F6B, there website is inaccurate.