Tires besides elite 4 and Bridgestone
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires besides elite 4 and Bridgestone

Tires besides elite 4 and Bridgestone

Has anyone uses a tire like the Avon or the Metzeler cruisetec? If so what kind of traction and mileage did you get I think the Bridgestone the best so far but only 10k miles e4 have 17k and almost at wear bars but traction in the rain is terrible stopping or just going around curves . I’ve also used a ct but I wanted to stay with mc if anyone hs an info on other tires please share.

You will get a lot of opinions on this. Just like oil. I like the Stones, on my third on the rear.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

How many miles are you getting out of them I was think about putting a stone back on I was just curious about the 2 tires I mentioned Avon and Metzeler I will not go back to the e4 no matter what other riders say about it easy enough reviews of other people talking about wet traction

I had two sets of the Mettzlers. They handled great until they had about 9k then started to get loud. Had to change at 11.5k. Went to the Dunlop E-4 and was not impressed. Now my first set of the new Avons have about 500 miles. Stick nice, roll nice so far. And I bought a Jaco gauge for my compressor...try to better stay at the 40 front, 42 rear to get some longer life.

I use a BT45 on the front and a Dunlop RF snow tire on the back.......super soft ride and very sticky tires also great in the rain.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I use a BT45 on the front and a Dunlop RF snow tire on the back.......super soft ride and very sticky tires also great in the rain.
    Did you get THIS Dunlop -- SP WINTER SPORT 3D DSST RUNONFLAT

Good looking tread and the extra advantage for Darksiders is the stiffer side walls. That's always been one of the complaints by the 'nay sayers'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney14 View Post
    How many miles are you getting out of them I was think about putting a stone back on I was just curious about the 2 tires I mentioned Avon and Metzeler I will not go back to the e4 no matter what other riders say about it easy enough reviews of other people talking about wet traction
    My OEM Stone lasted just shy of 12k miles. I was more neurotic with air pressure on the second one, and got another ~10% life out of it. Tire was down to the wear bars at 13,500.

My original rear got loud in curves in the last third of its life (howling). The second one did not seem to do that.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I've been using AVON's for decades, always had great service, mileage, tat snakes, ride, wet, dry, hair pin turns always great grip.
    About 15 years ago I had a rear go bad on my 1700 Road Star. I made a phone call to AVON USA & they sent a new tire out the next day.

I've had the howl from the "Stones" as they wear, but the sound never bothers me. Just figure the machine is singing to me. I always ride with earplugs and a full face helmet, so , any tire noise is minimal to me.

My front tire was howling in corners so I changed it along with the worn out back.
    They had 12,500 miles no them. The front had another thou or 2 left.
    So I put tunnel filters up front and that helped some with the noise.
    The front now has 4k on it and howling a bit. I also put mono tube shocks in front so will see how that changes the tire ware.
    Went DS on the back and loving it.
    ITS ALL GOOD