The Ultimate seat...finally
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate seat...finally

The Ultimate seat...finally

I've been away from the forum for a few days.
    I just noticed that the Ultimate seat company now has seats ready for our F6Bs. Has anyone purchased one yet?

Another Seat

I am just like most of you on looking whats out there on seats for the F6B modal. You might also take a look at Rick Mayer seats there is a picture of one done there for our model. These are the Mayer brothers that make Russell all day long, BMS , and Rick Mayer just some more choices. I have had e-mail conversation with Des from Ultimate seems like a nice guy. I think also the seat looks very comfortable,but kind of on the plain side as far as looks. But that there back rest look like wind sails.Des said that they are coming out with another back rest looking like OEM.I think I'm going to wait a while to let them work on the bugs on all there new seats before making a decision. Best of luck on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I am just like most of you on looking whats out there on seats for the F6B modal. You might also take a look at Rick Mayer seats there is a picture of one done there for our model. These are the Mayer brothers that make Russell all day long, BMS , and Rick Mayer just some more choices.

Gonzo, that seat you see on the Rick mayer Cycle website for our F6B bikes, was originally done for my bike, as I got the first one done by Rick. I have since sold that seat to another rider, and had my 11th Russell Day-Long seat made.

The "Mayer brothers" do NOT make the Russell Day-Long seat. Legally...they cannot make it.

Their father, Bill Mayer, was the person that invented and patented the Suspension sytem used in what is now called the Russell Day-Long seats. (RDL)
    Bill Mayer sold the business and patents to Don & Donna Russell. They are the ones that brought the seat out of obscurity, and shined the light on it.
    To make a very long story short....after many years of ownership, then Don Russell died...so Donna Russell sold the business to Terry Bradford, the current owner, and it is now in Lake Shasta City, CA, about 7 miles north of Redding.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the sons of Bill Mayer decided to get into the seat business, but not together. Rick Mayer Cycles is located in Anderson, CA., about 10 miles south of Redding, and Rocky Mayer has his seat business in Ojai, CA., and I believe it is called BMS. The seats that the two brothers make...individually...are NOT Russell Day-Long seats.

This being my 11th RDL, it is the best yet.

Info Corrections

I appreciate the corrections on it thank you do you have any pictures of the seat on your bike would like to see what to looks like on our model. Thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Gonzo, that seat you see on the Rick mayer Cycle website for our F6B bikes, was originally done for my bike, as I got the first one done by Rick. I have since sold that seat to another rider, and had my 11th Russell Day-Long seat made.

The "Mayer brothers" do NOT make the Russell Day-Long seat. Legally...they cannot make it.

Their father, Bill Mayer, was the person that invented and patented the Suspension sytem used in what is now called the Russell Day-Long seats. (RDL)
    Bill Mayer sold the business and patents to Don & Donna Russell. They are the ones that brought the seat out of obscurity, and shined the light on it.
    To make a very long story short....after many years of ownership, then Don Russell died...so Donna Russell sold the business to Terry Bradford, the current owner, and it is now in Lake Shasta City, CA, about 7 miles north of Redding.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the sons of Bill Mayer decided to get into the seat business, but not together. Rick Mayer Cycles is located in Anderson, CA., about 10 miles south of Redding, and Rocky Mayer has his seat business in Ojai, CA., and I believe it is called BMS. The seats that the two brothers make...individually...are NOT Russell Day-Long seats.

This being my 11th RDL, it is the best yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I appreciate the corrections on it thank you do you have any pictures of the seat on your bike would like to see what to looks like on our model. Thanks again..

Gonzo, they are already posted on this forum, a couple of times. A search for Russell day-Long seats would produce it...I would post them again right here...but the site is having technical difficulties, and it will not allow me to post any pictures that I already have in the data base.

Russel Seats

Thank you a I will look... I appreciate it..

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Gonzo, they are already posted on this forum, a couple of times. A search for Russell day-Long seats would produce it...I would post them again right here...but the site is having technical difficulties, and it will not allow me to post any pictures that I already have in the data base.

U 2 jacked darknight's post

Ok he's done

Cool

I have plans to ride over to Daytona either Wed or Thur to check out the seat!!! I will post something after I check out the seats...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    The "King" seat looks like a great option for me! 1.5 inches further back from the bars and less bend at the knees is exactly what I need. I was going to get the Mustang seat in January however after reading that the "new design" does not allow you to remove the side covers without removing the seat ruled that option out for me.

Yes this WAS about Ultimate seats

Yes I wanted to know about Ultimate seats. I've been waiting since summer for them to build one having had an Ultimate on my last bike that was wonderful.

Here's why I won't be getting a Russel Day Long.
    1) I live in Ct. From here, RDL is a very long ride for mere mortals that aren't retired and have sweet hearts with limited vacation time (been divorced 2x, I'm taking this one with me). I'm using our vacation time for Franklin this year.
    2) RDL uses our stock seat pan so I'd have to ship my pan or whole seat to them. It cost $179 to ship a Corbin just down to NC. from here, I can only imagine shipping out west.
    3) So I can strip the seat and just send the pan... Now there is no turning back. I have no stock seat to go back to if I need/want to sell the RDL.
    4) It's not just about me. My passenger is a major part of what I enjoy about riding this bike. She'll snuggle up to me for hours on this bike, Never touches the backrest, and is very comfortable on the stock seat. I can't do anything that will change that.
    So why even get another seat? I want a backrest for when she isn't riding with me, which isn't often. So it needs to be quickly removable.

Here's the rub...(excuse the pun), With sweetie snuggling so close, she will be sitting close to on top of the area where a removable backrest would go. the Corbin was very stiff and sitting on the backrest area was like swinging your leg over a saw horse and bouncing on that for an hour. When we stopped, you can imagine what area was off limits. That seat was gone after the first 200 miles.

The Mustang looks great but again, that contour looks like trouble for sweetie. BUT, Mustang IS out of MA. So I could ride up there to check it out.
    So the bottom line is I was hoping that someone already got the Ultimate and could tell me if the area around the backrest mount was as well padded as the rest of the seat.