September trip to Yellowstone.

Thread: September trip to Yellowstone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Rune, that's a excellent trip. If you do venture up to L. Louise / Banff, the vistas of the never ending Glaciers are memorizing. If you have an extra cple of takes venture a tad further north to Jasper Nat Prk.

Some tips for ya (and I'm not sure how you travel and /or if your lady rides w/ you often or not), but to see / experience / taking your time, about 275 - 350 ish miles a day w/ 2 lane hwys / rds is a decent barometer. You mite want to call JH Cycle in Jackson Hole and see if you can have your bike shipped there, and fly into Jackson Hole. And start your trip from there. Beleive the 1st or 2nd of Sept is a Holiday.

JACKSON HOLE: Any Hotel is good (or Airbnb). You can stay in town or up in Teton Village. The RUSTIC INN w/ custom cabins are excellent BUT it's a tad pricey. The Wort Hotel has live bands and dancing. Each lady I've taken on my trips has dug the drinks and dancing at WORT. The town square has lots of shops, food, etc. Bunny Bakery for breakfast. Jackson Hole Roasters for coffee. They supply most of the coffee to the local hotels. When you exit Jackson on Hwy 191, turn into Moose (about 10 min up the road) to Teton Park Road. It takes you closer to the Tetons, Jenny Lake, Jackson Lake, and back onto 191.

YELLOWSTONE: Take the 20 around Yellowstone Lake to Tower Junction. There's been times I've had to wait up to 40 min for Buffalo to x the road along this stretch. The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is here. Cooke City is cool. Just a few hotels and places to eat. Last year, the town had half the road blocked and shops closed early. A band and dancing in the street all night. It was a blast.

BEARTOOTH: YES, but be prepared for a bite in the air. It was 36 degrees near the top (in August). See pic. Not that you would but they close down the pass in the evenings.

RED LODGE: Lots of hotels, CARBON COUNTY STEAK HOUSE - Whewwwwww daddy are their steaks delicious. Prindy's Place is an old school diner for breakfast. Coffee Factory for coffee. At GLACIER (west side) look at Glacier Inn Motel. Nice little place, mom and pop owned, bike friendly, very clean and not expensive.

Have BIG FUN!!!

BEARTOOTH.jpg
    Last edited by adventurous1; 05-23-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne