Run for the Wall

Thread: Run for the Wall

Run for the Wall

On the ride home this evening I noticed many bikes out. Then more bikes. Finally, I remembered the date. After dinner, I decided to ride to the county park to see the bikes. I got there at dusk. I saw about 2 dozen bikes scattered around the park. I started back home and decided to stop and check my phone to see where the ride had stopped. I figured they must have picked a different overnight spot. Ironically, the gps map gave a spot across the street from my location. I looked up, still sitting in the saddle, and saw a half dozen bikes at the Hampton Inn. I rode across the street and there were maybe 50 bikes in the parking lot and a RFTW banner. Not what I expected based on years passed. My office window looks down on I-64. Anxious to see the group pass by in the morning.

Riders just passed my location. Maybe 50 bikes. They normally fill three lanes for a half mile.

It's been a great event for many years. I'm thinking the riders are getting older. The summers are getting hotter. Younger riders don't seem that interested. Having worked in DC, in the mid - late 80's, it gets cookin' ass hot!
    Last 5 years have broken records world wide. Us older riders can't handle these super hot days, like we used to. At our home, in central Fl. I saw it hit the mid-hi 90's in the shade and 105-111, in the sun, a few times 115, during the summer of 2018. I'm sure this summer will be as hot, if not hotter...… Be careful out there, the heat will sneak up on you & wham! You're down & out!...…. Carry & drink lots of water.

I’ll take some of that record heat. All time low in Denver Tuesday and 3” of snow at my house.

This is the final year. I rode it once. Awesome experience.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.