Maintenance and reliability were definitely a factor in choosing an F6B over a K1600. My 2 old Valkyries have shown me how good Honda's GL platform is. I rode a K1600 and liked it, but the stories from other owners about reliability issues scared me away. I also don't find it attractive.

I've always ridden a lot of miles, and years ago one bike convinced me to make ease of maintenance a factor in my purchases. I bought a 1984 V65 Sabre. It made a very nice sport-tourer, with lots of power and a much smoother V4 than the inline 4s I was used to. But it had a weak valve train that needed frequent adjustments. And that job took a good part of a day. To remove the front valve cover you had to drain the coolant and remove the radiator. The rear valve cover was under the seat, and was such a tight fit that it was made of multiple pieces that were very difficult to remove and replace. I liked the bike, but it had too many warranty repairs and other issues, and I sold it after only 2 years. That was the point I realized riding was more enjoyable than wrenching.