Question on Turn Signal Relay - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question on Turn Signal Relay

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    "the white LEDs won’t come on"

If you're referring to some sort of daytime running light function, I have an identical issue. After much hair-pulling, wire tracing, part replacing, it comes down to (in my case) the Honda turn signal switch.

(I'm not an maintainer, just an operator) It appears to have two sets of contacts. One that engages the turn signals and one that operates the DRL functions. The centering function of the switch and the auto signal shutoff don't don't seem to entirely 'recenter' the switch and engage both sets of contacts 100% of the time.

I've found that, after engaging the turn signal, a slight press in the opposite direction on the switch after the turn re engages the DRL functions.

At no time has my turn signal ever failed, hence I get no real help from any Honda maintainer (they've replaced it on warranty once). Afterall, the switch is doing what they feel is normal. I've resigned myself to this little hassle.

I'd love to hear some sort of real solution to this problem.
    That makes sense - good info!

I think that the lube in the switch is getting thick. Cleaning out the old lube or thinning it out (with what?) would probably do the trick, and allow the switch to auto center.
    Albuquerque, NM

"Cleaning out the old lube or thinning it out (with what?) would probably do the trick, and allow the switch to auto center."

98Valk - What would you use to do this? I had one maintainer tell me to spray Honda chain lube in the slot into the switch. I didn't like the sound of that, so didn't do it.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

"Cleaning out the old lube or thinning it out (with what?) would probably do the trick, and allow the switch to auto center."

98Valk - What would you use to do this? I had one maintainer tell me to spray Honda chain lube in the slot into the switch. I didn't like the sound of that, so didn't do it.

The left switch assembly probably needs to come apart for a good fix. But on another site, they often suggest using a CRC spray lube that is safe for plastic.

My switch gets pretty sluggish in the winter. Someday, I'll open up that clam shell and try spraying it.
    Last edited by 98valk; 06-10-2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
    Albuquerque, NM

Didn't know what CRC was, sooooo .... Something like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/CRC-2-26...2004/100398344

Didn't know what CRC was, sooooo .... Something like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/CRC-2-26...2004/100398344
    That looks good. Hey, get me some while you're there.
    Albuquerque, NM

I'll drop it by this afternoon!

I picked this up and tried it out. Time will tell, but initial impressions is that it works great! Thanks for that tip.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!