Tour Pack ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour Pack ...

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    It would look even better if it was lower. I had a nice short trunk, but the wife was not impressed with the short backrest.

Now I went the other extreme. A great big expandable trunk (for 2 helmets and the kitchen sink). It comes off in literally seconds, leaving the original backrest (slightly raised). It's fun experimenting!

Here it is in the collapsed setting:

Attachment 6535

And seconds later, removed:

Attachment 6534
    Same type mount as my Givi. Nice
    ITS ALL GOOD

It would look even better if it was lower. I had a nice short trunk, but the wife was not impressed with the short backrest.

Now I went the other extreme. A great big expandable trunk (for 2 helmets and the kitchen sink). It comes off in literally seconds, leaving the original backrest (slightly raised). It's fun experimenting!

Attachment 6535

Attachment 6534
    Looks good 98Valk! I was thinking about getting that same topbox.

Did you ask for a specific mounting plate? What kind of rack is the mounting plate on? Thanks.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Looks good 98Valk! I was thinking about getting that same topbox.

Did you ask for a specific mounting plate? What kind of rack is the mounting plate on? Thanks.

Jason
    Thanks!

I'm too cheap to pay for the specific plate. I used a scrap 3/16" aluminum sheet that I had and mounted it where the luggage rack used to mount (about 10" x 10" depending on how you do it). Then mounted their generic locking plate to that sheet. That stays on when the trunk is removed and looks pretty good.

I think the 3/16" is thick enough, but I might have gone with 1/4" if I bought a piece. I get a little bit of flex because the trunk is mounted almost completely "behind" the rack mounts. That is so I can leave the backrest on. If you remove the backrest, you can mount the trunk further up and will be more stable.
    Albuquerque, NM

Thanks!

I'm too cheap to pay for the specific plate. I used a scrap 3/16" aluminum sheet that I had and mounted it where the luggage rack used to mount (about 10" x 10" depending on how you do it). Then mounted their generic locking plate to that sheet. That stays on when the trunk is removed and looks pretty good.

I think the 3/16" is thick enough, but I might have gone with 1/4" if I bought a piece. I get a little bit of flex because the trunk is mounted almost completely "behind" the rack mounts. That is so I can leave the backrest on. If you remove the backrest, you can mount the trunk further up and will be more stable.
    Great info, 98Valk. And the mounting plate looks good like that. I don't blame you for not wanting to buy the specific plate. That box isn't cheap even without it.

Jason

I did the same thing with chopped tour pack, even added the rack
    On top to
    20180526_08175620180526_081756.jpg
    Last edited by shortleg0521; 07-12-2019 at 10:51 PM.

thumb_1561677808DAVE1692.jpgprpv (2).jpg

Harley slim tour pack with passenger backrest. 4 bolts and it's off!
    Last edited by mjpgoski; 07-03-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Attachment 6535

Attachment 6534
    Case looks good but I want to know what type of speakers do you have there and how are they mounted.
    Thanks
    Rod

2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    That looks pretty sharp! The ‘ole lady might have to loose a pound or two though. Do you have a link that you can share to your vendor?

Thanks, Happy 4th of July!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
    comes off it just a few minutes, 4 bolts underneath the trunk liner. Takes a bit more time to re-install, just lining up the bolts, maybe 10-15 Attachment 6493Attachment 6494minutes.
    That looks fantastic!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"