I went from a Scout to my F6b. It's a great bike but I hear you, dealing with salespeople is just silly. I get the program and starting point, trade versus retail, but when they are just so far out of middle ground it makes it tough. I was going to trade my Scout on a used Chief, not only did they lowball me half the value but as a Harley dealer they told me they don't bother trading used for used. I was like, if we see middle ground here on values, you still take in over $2k for a half hour's work before you go to auction with the Chief. Still no dice. Indian dealers usually are much better at being reasonable. Last one I tried to make a deal with offered me solid trade money on the Scout, but high ticketed the Dark Horse I wanted telling me about all the upgrades, after telling me they don't put value on the accessories I added to my Scout.....wait, what? So I told them you give me what you said you would on the Scout and I will pay high book for that Dark Horse...then they looked up book. No deal. It's kind of fun to play the game once in a while.