Why we ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why we ride

Well I was up in Asheville, NC for T-Day and it was 19 low, maybe 40high.

Now I know WNC has great roads to ride, way better than anything FL has, but I'm still glad I'm in Fla.
    Of course, ask me in July/Aug and I'll might forget the "glad I'm in Fla" part.

Grew up in all 'southern' states. Love the mountains, the cool weather and four seasons up north. I live in TX now and I like it, but I want to ride and visit all these states on my bike. Don't sweat the shorter riding seasons up north, it pays off in the other three seasons when we're roasting down here. Plus, don't y'all just winterize the bikes and fire up the snowmobiles when the icy stuff starts coming down?

I just saw that movie and it hit home, it will be one of my all time favorite movies.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Grew up in all 'southern' states. Love the mountains, the cool weather and four seasons up north. I live in TX now and I like it, but I want to ride and visit all these states on my bike. Don't sweat the shorter riding seasons up north, it pays off in the other three seasons when we're roasting down here. Plus, don't y'all just winterize the bikes and fire up the snowmobiles when the icy stuff starts coming down?
    Some people can ride in snow and others can't.
    Safest ride on a city street was in the snow. I guess the sight of a motorcycle in February was more than they could handle.
    No cager would get anywhere near me.

.P.S.
    Winterizing the bike means being sure the battery tender is plugged in between rides!

I will ride until it snows up here in Ct. And when it melts away I'll be out there again.
    My goal is to put 100-200 miles on this bike every month during the winter. Weather permitting I would love to say I rode all 12 months, without moving to a warmer climate. That would be just too easy. LOL.
    I was out last weekend with temps ranging from 26-38 degrees F. It was nice for a few hours and I have my 100 miles for December. Hopefully I'll get a few more.