I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing

Thread: I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing

I rode the F6 out to Syracuse today and took a look at basically a brand new Gold Wing Level 3 (Navi, XM, ABS), red and gray. It only has 2100 miles on it, and other than a thin layer of dust, it is a new bike.

I gave it the full look over, and the owner seems like a great guy. Older gentleman who is more focused on his car collection right now (quite impressive, includes an Aston Martin) than riding. I offered $16,500 and we agreed. The bike new was $28,000 in 2016.

This was a little quick to all happen, but I found that what someone had mentioned in my other post is that full Wings with Navi, XM, ABS, and airbag are hard to find. I figured I better jump on this one, considering its condition, miles, price and these features, and I did not have to buy a plane ticket to Topeka to get it.

Before all this, I had briefly contemplated a Vic Cross Country, as I did four years ago when I ended up buying the F6 new, because they are cheap, have ABS, storage and are nice looking bike. 2015 and 16s run about $12,000 around here. I quickly watched a video on how to remove the rear wheel, and that did it for me ... no thanks.

Now I have a bike with storage for my helmet, cruise, a pre-Apollo 13 navigation system, three years newer, and with 25,000 fewer miles than my current ride all for a little bit more than what I paid for my F6 new in 2015. I get to stick with the chassis that I have grown to appreciate over the past four years, with the engine I love, great handling, ride, easy maintenance, runs on piss and vinegar, and may be the most reliable touring motorcycle of all time.

Most importantly ... and basically 90% of the reason for this change in plans ... Anti. Lock. Brakes.

So, for the time being at least, there will be two Wings in garage; a black F6 and a red/gray full Wing.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 06-15-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6