2018 Goldwing thoughts and observations

Thread: 2018 Goldwing thoughts and observations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I have it, too, ST! Although I haven't tried to get rid of it. Pads look good so I just leave it. Only really notice it in slow traffic or a parking garage.

Jason
    I changed my pads when the old ones still had good pad left, have sanded my rotors, lubed all parts in caliper, and still have the squeak. I have a buddy with an f6b and his never squeaks.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    I changed my pads when the old ones still had good pad left, have sanded my rotors, lubed all parts in caliper, and still have the squeak. I have a buddy with an f6b and his never squeaks.
    Dang you've put in some work! I don't really know what causes it so I don't know how to fix it. It doesn't really bother me, but it's interesting to know that I'm not the only one.

Jason

Mine has it too. 2016 I bought used with 7,700. I now have a little over 9,000 and they squeak just a little, mostly just before a full stop.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Mine has it too. 2016 I bought used with 7,700. I now have a little over 9,000 and they squeak just a little, mostly just before a full stop.
    I'm hardly ever on here but, try putting a silicone based brake paste on the back of the pads. I work at Volvo and part # 1161688 works great I've had several new Harleys that had a high pitched noise and I put the paste on the back of the pads and never heard a noise again.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Meanie97 View Post
    I'm hardly ever on here but, try putting a silicone based brake paste on the back of the pads. I work at Volvo and part # 1161688 works great I've had several new Harleys that had a high pitched noise and I put the paste on the back of the pads and never heard a noise again.

Good luck
    Thanks for the tip, Meanie, I'll give that a shot, but what do you mean back of the pads? As in the part of the pads not in contact with the rotor, but seated in the caliper?

Jason