2018 GoldWing DCT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 GoldWing DCT

2018 GoldWing DCT

Going to make the 130 mile trip to my dealer tomorrow to look at a couple of left-over 2018 Goldwings (standard models) with the DCT feature as I really like the option of the walking reverse gear available...Unless he can make me a deal impossible to pass up, it will only be a "look see" as I am not prepared to spend a lot of money again as my riding days are slowly coming to a end...Anyone have any experience with this bike and this feature??. Let me know your thoughts if you have time....Regards and Thanks...
    Last edited by opas ride; 06-20-2019 at 04:02 PM.

I don't have any direct experience. I just wanted to say that if you go see it and you like it and you can swing it, you should treat yourself. You've earned it.
    Albuquerque, NM

Opas Ride,
    You've been threatening to change bikes to meet your aging situation for a year or more. If you find something that makes it easier for you to stay on 2 wheels, just do it. It's only money and if you don't spend it, your heirs will be glad to. Be sure to take your title with you so you can do the deal right there.

Opas is my elder by nearly 40 years, but still likes changing his mind weekly about bikes!!! I look forward to continuing this trend myself well into my 80s.

Oh yeah, I also do this with boats, cars, and snowmobiles. Have you considered a snowmobile? Lots of great riding in Michigan. Motorcycling has never been able to overtake snowmobiling as my favorite motorized pastime.

Opas, my dad is 75 and still rides his Pacific Coast daily. That's a nice light bike with lots of storage. Too bad the newest one you can get is a 1995, I believe.

How about 700 DCT? Seat too high?

What about the Scout you were looking at?
    Last edited by VStarRider; 06-20-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Yeh, I know I am kinda crazy, but mostly in fun looking at other bikes...If I were 65 or so, the new GWTour would be my choice hands down!!!...but I just don't know for sure yet, the Indian Scout is a bike I will also ride this weekend and then be closer to doing something...I suppose the bottom line would be to just keep my terrific F6B, not bother you guys with my indecision and shut up!!!...But that would be no fun and I gotta keep busy in my old age writing posts on this site....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Yeh, I know I am kinda crazy, but mostly in fun looking at other bikes...If I were 65 or so, the new GWTour would be my choice hands down!!!...but I just don't know for sure yet, the Indian Scout is a bike I will also ride this weekend and then be closer to doing something...I suppose the bottom line would be to just keep my terrific F6B, not bother you guys with my indecision and shut up!!!...But that would be no fun and I gotta keep busy in my old age writing posts on this site....Regards
    Atta boy, Opas. I do the same thing only I don't post about it. Enjoy the hunt.

More power to ya, Opas!!! Being on the hunt for a bike is half the fun! And if you can't bounce ideas off other motorcycle enthusiasts on a friendly forum, well then where CAN you? Keep us updated on your thoughts about the potential rides.

Jason

Opas, you only have so much time left. I am not that far behind you, and have decided that I will do what ever the hell I want.
    In a few years, well, I won't care, or will not be able, or will be dead. I need to do it now... What ever "it" is. If circumstances allow, go for it!

Going to make the 130 mile trip to my dealer tomorrow to look at a couple of left-over 2018 Goldwings (standard models) with the DCT feature as I really like the option of the walking reverse gear available...Unless he can make me a deal impossible to pass up, it will only be a "look see" as I am not prepared to spend a lot of money again as my riding days are slowly coming to a end...Anyone have any experience with this bike and this feature??. Let me know your thoughts if you have time....Regards and Thanks...
    I purchased a new to me 2018 Goldwing Tour just before an almost two week trip from Dallas to Seattle. I didn't ride it that much before I left. You will not be disappointed with this bike. I actually had a great time to use the reverse in Tucumcari, New Mexico, leaving the Blue Swallow Motel. I turned and was about to leave the parking lot when I noticed I was about to go down a curb. I put the bike in reverse and backed away from the curb. The pavement was sloped toward the street, and the reverse really worked well and saved me a lot of energy by not having to muscle the bike backwards far enough to miss the curb. You may not always need it, but when you do, it is a very nice feature. With your age (no offense), this could really be a great safety feature and prevent possible injury/tipover.

I appreciate all the above input and comments about the new Goldwings but after my visit to the dealer today, It ain't gonna happen!!..To much bike for me and way to expensive for my needs...No leftovers from 2018 available and 2019's are just way too much money!!...I will hopefully ride the Indian Scout tomorrow and go from there...Most likely I will upgrade the forks on my 2013 and keep it for the foreseeable future....Regards