Electric bags - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric bags

I'd think you would be more apt to lose the "dummy" key every time you removed it. I think they are the best thing since sliced bread. I leave the key fob on my ignition key so it doesn't get lost. I just went out to start my bike last week and the battery was so dead it wouldn't do anything. No lights, no anything. But the key fob opened both doors. I really thought it was the ignition or something, but replaced the battery and it's all good. It was 7 years old so served it purpose. I have a battery tender hooked up to my battery, so a very slight charge would surely get them open if mine opened with a battery so dead it wouldn't even turn on a dash light. I always hated having to shut off my bike to open the bags, because I will not leave my key in the lock or the ignition in the Denver area. If you feel comfy leaving it in the lock, power to ya. I would say it's no different than buying a car with electric locks, most people want he convenience.

I have nothing against the electric openers, but I keep the dummy key in and never lock my bags.
    I didn't think anyone one knows how to open them even Goldwing owner have asked me how do you open the bags?

Wait, what? There’s side bags on this thing?
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”