Electric bags - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric bags

I would not want the electric openers myself.
    For zero dollars and a little time I was able to mod the lock so that I can leave the bags unlocked without the key.
    2015 matte silver F6B

Can you still lock them if you wish?

As you can see, they're not for everybody. If you like them buy them...… If you DO NOT like them, don't buy them.
    I fail to see your point in starting this thread. Everybody don't think alike & I'm sure glad they don't.

Your seeing the point of a thread is not a requirement for a thread. I want to understand why some think they are so wonderful and in reality make little improvement to the way the bags work and even might cause trouble when you experience a dead battery (2 exist) and get locked out of the bags and access to the battery. Food for thought!

I have a simple solution about your worry for a dead battery locking you out of your bags.......take your key with you when you leave the bike so that your lights dont stay on.

I dont understand why anyone would leave their key in the ignition while they go eat. But maybe its the latest greatest thing and someone can explain to me why its so great even though it could cause so many problems.

I don't have a worry about getting locked out as I don't have them. I almost never lock my bags and seldom even remove the key as it is not needed here. People do not mess with bikes. Forgetting your key or even forgetting to turn it off would be a common thing to happen I would think as it has sure happened to me more than a couple of times. A couple of you seem to get up in arms as if you are under attack, not the case. I guess it needs to drop as no one can say why they are so great. Me, I will continue to hope for the best and prepare for the worst and be ready if I find a dead battery.

Does each transmitter have a different signal or can one transmitter open all the bags in range?????

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Can you still lock them if you wish?
    Absolutely
    2015 matte silver F6B

I like pushing the little button before I get to my bike and watching the bags open, it's neat, like magic...… Folks look at them & wonder, "how did da' happen?" I walk up, say, "howdy" and pull my jacket out. Sometimes we talk for a bit, some times not. The question I most often get ask is, "what kind of bike is that?" Just a "F6B" is not enough...………………… If a dead battery is a concern. Maybe, electric bag locks are not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I like pushing the little button before I get to my bike and watching the bags open, it's neat, like magic...… Folks look at them & wonder, "how did da' happen?" I walk up, say, "howdy" and pull my jacket out. Sometimes we talk for a bit, some times not. The question I most often get ask is, "what kind of bike is that?" Just a "F6B" is not enough...………………… If a dead battery is a concern. Maybe, electric bag locks are not for you.
    While at the Laconia rally a few weeks back I did just that. Saw a guy eyeing my bike as I was walking up and surprised him by hitting the fob in my pocket. He was not nearly as amused as I was.

Most people are really interested in the auto openers when they see them. And it has led to more than a few conversations. I am not offended if you don’t like them.