Horrible crash - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible crash

Fox news tonight indicated the driver of the truck has a track record of several DUI's over the past years/months...Bastard was probably drunk!!!!..Regards

Plus they found drugs when they went to arrest him. At least he's off the road for good now. We had a bad weekend around here. That crash up north, one fatality in New Bedford, Mass, and another closer to me in Westport, Mass. I'm in no rush to ride these days. Big change from my previous history. I don't know anymore...
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Motorcycle riding has never been a safe activity. It's something we do, because we love the freedom and the thrills of riding. As long as there are cell phones, and other electronic devices for drivers to screw around with, cycle riding will remain unsafe. It won't stop me, just makes me more suspicious and warry of ALL other vehicles on the roads.

As a retired LEO and traffic homicide investigator, I have worked multi vehicle fatalities more than I care to recall, this is definitely one of the worst I have seen. The driver has a history of impaired driving and heroin use. In all probability he was driving impaired and crossed into the rider's lane. These type of investigations take time and a lot of work. More often than not a good THI will have it figured out pretty quickly, but the final official report can take time. You can count on the toxicology to take 6-8 weeks for everyone involved. The suspect will probably not speak to investigators now that he has been charged, at least not without a lawyer. Since he has been charged it is fairly safe to say he was at fault in the crash.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant77 View Post
    As a retired LEO and traffic homicide investigator, I have worked multi vehicle fatalities more than I care to recall, this is definitely one of the worst I have seen. The driver has a history of impaired driving and heroin use. In all probability he was driving impaired and crossed into the rider's lane. These type of investigations take time and a lot of work. More often than not a good THI will have it figured out pretty quickly, but the final official report can take time. You can count on the toxicology to take 6-8 weeks for everyone involved. The suspect will probably not speak to investigators now that he has been charged, at least not without a lawyer. Since he has been charged it is fairly safe to say he was at fault in the crash.
    sad for sure, my heart goes out to all effected by this terrible event.
    Thanks for you dedicated service and glad to see you can enjoy retirement..ride safe