Opas Ride
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opas Ride

Opas Ride

Just curious if you were able to take that test ride on the Indian Scout. If so, how did you like it(or not)? I sat on one at a dealer and it just seemed to be really tiny. Of course like you, my recent bikes have been large cruisers/tourers.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Just curious if you were able to take that test ride on the Indian Scout. If so, how did you like it(or not)? I sat on one at a dealer and it just seemed to be really tiny. Of course like you, my recent bikes have been large cruisers/tourers.

Inquiring minds would like to know.
    Not yet but plan to do so Saturday...It is a smaller bike, but with the floorboards, windshield, highway bars, reduced reach handlebars etc. I think it will work just fine for me..I did ride a Scout Sixty a couple years ago and it was not bad..I am told the biggest issue is the stiff rear shocks, but those that have ridden one seem to really like it...I have only owned bigger touring type bikes for last few years, so I know it will be much different..The thing is really fast and revs very high for a V-twin so we shall see...I rode the 6 today and really don't want to give it up yet, but age is taking its toll....Regards and I'll keep you posted

image.jpg

Thinking about checking this out today! Found one at a dealership 40 miles from the house with 4K on it!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    image.jpg

Thinking about checking this out today! Found one at a dealership 40 miles from the house with 4K on it!
    No dealers around my area which steers me away from them, otherwise I understand it is an okay bike if this is what one is looking for...Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    No dealers around my area which steers me away from them, otherwise I understand it is an okay bike if this is what one is looking for...Good luck
    I like Guzzis also but like OR said, the lack of dealers is a deal breaker for me. I don't remember the last time I saw a Guzzi dealer.

Well...the Moto is impressive in person. Love the carbon fiber and the Brembo brakes. Of course they would not let me ride it. Figured that before I rode the 40 miles up there but I wanted to see it in person and it was a nice ride.
    Very expensive to maintain and heavy as shoot getting it off the kick stand. Don't think one is in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Well...the Moto is impressive in person. Love the carbon fiber and the Brembo brakes. Of course they would not let me ride it. Figured that before I rode the 40 miles up there but I wanted to see it in person and it was a nice ride.
    Very expensive to maintain and heavy as shoot getting it off the kick stand. Don't think one is in my future!
    I've owned a 'Guzzi, and in my experience they are not expensive to maintain. Not Gold Wing simple, but pretty damn bullet proof...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I've owned a 'Guzzi, and in my experience they are not expensive to maintain. Not Gold Wing simple, but pretty damn bullet proof...
    Don't know your history with Guzzi,s but from what I know about them and read, Guzzi and BMW are very expensive to maintain compared to the Goldwings..Perhaps if one does their own maint. maybe not so bad, but the guy I rode with for several years always complained about the $200-$350 service charges to do basic upkeep on his BMW...which he later sold for a GW......Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Don't know your history with Guzzi,s but from what I know about them and read, Guzzi and BMW are very expensive to maintain compared to the Goldwings..Perhaps if one does their own maint. maybe not so bad, but the guy I rode with for several years always complained about the $200-$350 service charges to do basic upkeep on his BMW...which he later sold for a GW......Regards
    I would say no where near BMW costs.... But, I 'spose it's all dependent on your local dealer, and as you say, how much you do yourself...

I loved 'em. Started out with this 750 Ambassador in 1975, then went to the 850 Lemans, and ended up with the Guzzimatic auto trans model. After the 750 Ambassador, bought the first Gold Wing made and 4 more after it throughout the years. The Guzzi's were rock solid and very easy to work on which really meant only having to adjust the valves. No different than the air-cooled VW. This pic taken at Pedernales Falls State Park west of Austin. The last Guzzi dealer just closed shop in December here in Dallas. It's also the place I bought my F6B. Probably be going up to Plano for any future warranty work. I thought about getting the 21 but then they closed.......and I still have that helmet and that's a Marlboro sticking out of my nicotine-stained lips.

Last edited by Walcrow; 07-02-2019 at 09:53 AM.