Opas Ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opas Ride

My wife bought a scout over the winter. We just returned from a 9 day trip and put just under 3k on it in that time. This is her third bike in just over three seasons and it is by far her favorite. She has around 4500 miles on it.

Unfortunately, due to that fact I don’t get to ride it too often. When I can manage to sneak it out of the garage it is a BLAST! Lots of power and handles fairly well. After getting off the b it is like riding a bicycle. I would say it could use a bit better braking and suspension. I have on a few occasions locked the rear tire and the suspension isn’t balanced very well. Nothing major that would keep me from recommending a purchase to someone.

She is 5’2” so I installed the reduced reach seat and bars. Along with the other accessories she was comfortable riding 5-700 miles at a time for the most part.

When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    My wife bought a scout over the winter. We just returned from a 9 day trip and put just under 3k on it in that time. This is her third bike in just over three seasons and it is by far her favorite. She has around 4500 miles on it.

Unfortunately, due to that fact I don’t get to ride it too often. When I can manage to sneak it out of the garage it is a BLAST! Lots of power and handles fairly well. After getting off the b it is like riding a bicycle. I would say it could use a bit better braking and suspension. I have on a few occasions locked the rear tire and the suspension isn’t balanced very well. Nothing major that would keep me from recommending a purchase to someone.

She is 5’2” so I installed the reduced reach seat and bars. Along with the other accessories she was comfortable riding 5-700 miles at a time for the most part.

Good looking bike and has most of the things on it I want to put on mine when the time comes except for the bags which I don't need anymore...BTW what kind of pipes are on it???...Regards

Vance and Hines. She likes loud pipes. I’m not so much of a fan, at least on my own bike. These have a nice tone and are not obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Not yet but plan to do so Saturday...It is a smaller bike, but with the floorboards, windshield, highway bars, reduced reach handlebars etc. I think it will work just fine for me..I did ride a Scout Sixty a couple years ago and it was not bad..I am told the biggest issue is the stiff rear shocks, but those that have ridden one seem to really like it...I have only owned bigger touring type bikes for last few years, so I know it will be much different..The thing is really fast and revs very high for a V-twin so we shall see...I rode the 6 today and really don't want to give it up yet, but age is taking its toll....Regards and I'll keep you posted
    Well Opas Ride, Two Saturdays have come and gone. How was that test ride.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Well Opas Ride, Two Saturdays have come and gone. How was that test ride.
    Sorry but outside forces have prevented me from taking a test ride so far..Last Saturday the weather was bad and yesterday a long ride on my 6 got in the way...( I really love this bike)...The dealer has a demo days ride event coming up on the 19th/20th of this month and I will hopefully get a chance to ride the Scout...The main reason I have taken my time is I really don't want to part with the F6B yet and the dealer I have talked with is not willing to budge much on the deal and I am not willing to give the Honda away...Might try to sell it on the site later...Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Sorry but outside forces have prevented me from taking a test ride so far..Last Saturday the weather was bad and yesterday a long ride on my 6 got in the way...( I really love this bike)...The dealer has a demo days ride event coming up on the 19th/20th of this month and I will hopefully get a chance to ride the Scout...The main reason I have taken my time is I really don't want to part with the F6B yet and the dealer I have talked with is not willing to budge much on the deal and I am not willing to give the Honda away...Might try to sell it on the site later...Regards
    Yeah, I understand your reasoning. A lot of guys own more than one bike though. If you liked the Scout well enough to buy one, maybe you could be a 2 bike man until you decided which one you wanted to keep and then sell the other. As I have said before, I'm kinda in the same situation as you, that's why I keep asking about the Scout. I have to make an 80 mile trip to the closest Indian dealer so I'm interested in your input before going.

Was lurking around on Cycle Trader the other day and there were quite a few 2013 low miles F6's for under 10 grand.One dealer in Cali had a black deluxe with 14K on it for 8800.00!So trade in values must be in the 6-7K range.For a short minute I thought about selling mine but with all my add on's and these prices I think I will ride her until I can't no more.

Indian dealer offered me $7000 for my bike without looking at it and said he might go up a little when they saw the bike..I spent a lot of bucks on custom paint, Mustang seat, Baggershield, Cobra Pipes, K&N air filter, Kury grips, and some extra "bling" back in late fall 2013...Total OTD price was almost $23,000..Just cannot bring myself to dealing with the going prices for the F6B now, so I will keep mine as long as I can unless a great deal pops-up or I finally decide I need a lighter bike in my old age!!...Regards