Opas Ride

Thread: Opas Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well...the Moto is impressive in person. Love the carbon fiber and the Brembo brakes. Of course they would not let me ride it. Figured that before I rode the 40 miles up there but I wanted to see it in person and it was a nice ride.
    Very expensive to maintain and heavy as shoot getting it off the kick stand. Don't think one is in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Well...the Moto is impressive in person. Love the carbon fiber and the Brembo brakes. Of course they would not let me ride it. Figured that before I rode the 40 miles up there but I wanted to see it in person and it was a nice ride.
    Very expensive to maintain and heavy as shoot getting it off the kick stand. Don't think one is in my future!
    I've owned a 'Guzzi, and in my experience they are not expensive to maintain. Not Gold Wing simple, but pretty damn bullet proof...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I've owned a 'Guzzi, and in my experience they are not expensive to maintain. Not Gold Wing simple, but pretty damn bullet proof...
    Don't know your history with Guzzi,s but from what I know about them and read, Guzzi and BMW are very expensive to maintain compared to the Goldwings..Perhaps if one does their own maint. maybe not so bad, but the guy I rode with for several years always complained about the $200-$350 service charges to do basic upkeep on his BMW...which he later sold for a GW......Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Don't know your history with Guzzi,s but from what I know about them and read, Guzzi and BMW are very expensive to maintain compared to the Goldwings..Perhaps if one does their own maint. maybe not so bad, but the guy I rode with for several years always complained about the $200-$350 service charges to do basic upkeep on his BMW...which he later sold for a GW......Regards
    I would say no where near BMW costs.... But, I 'spose it's all dependent on your local dealer, and as you say, how much you do yourself...