Opas Ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opas Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I've owned a 'Guzzi, and in my experience they are not expensive to maintain. Not Gold Wing simple, but pretty damn bullet proof...
    Don't know your history with Guzzi,s but from what I know about them and read, Guzzi and BMW are very expensive to maintain compared to the Goldwings..Perhaps if one does their own maint. maybe not so bad, but the guy I rode with for several years always complained about the $200-$350 service charges to do basic upkeep on his BMW...which he later sold for a GW......Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Don't know your history with Guzzi,s but from what I know about them and read, Guzzi and BMW are very expensive to maintain compared to the Goldwings..Perhaps if one does their own maint. maybe not so bad, but the guy I rode with for several years always complained about the $200-$350 service charges to do basic upkeep on his BMW...which he later sold for a GW......Regards
    I would say no where near BMW costs.... But, I 'spose it's all dependent on your local dealer, and as you say, how much you do yourself...

I loved 'em. Started out with this 750 Ambassador in 1975, then went to the 850 Lemans, and ended up with the Guzzimatic auto trans model. After the 750 Ambassador, bought the first Gold Wing made and 4 more after it throughout the years. The Guzzi's were rock solid and very easy to work on which really meant only having to adjust the valves. No different than the air-cooled VW. This pic taken at Pedernales Falls State Park west of Austin. The last Guzzi dealer just closed shop in December here in Dallas. It's also the place I bought my F6B. Probably be going up to Plano for any future warranty work. I thought about getting the 21 but then they closed.......and I still have that helmet and that's a Marlboro sticking out of my nicotine-stained lips.

Last edited by Walcrow; 07-02-2019 at 09:53 AM.

My wife bought a scout over the winter. We just returned from a 9 day trip and put just under 3k on it in that time. This is her third bike in just over three seasons and it is by far her favorite. She has around 4500 miles on it.

Unfortunately, due to that fact I don’t get to ride it too often. When I can manage to sneak it out of the garage it is a BLAST! Lots of power and handles fairly well. After getting off the b it is like riding a bicycle. I would say it could use a bit better braking and suspension. I have on a few occasions locked the rear tire and the suspension isn’t balanced very well. Nothing major that would keep me from recommending a purchase to someone.

She is 5’2” so I installed the reduced reach seat and bars. Along with the other accessories she was comfortable riding 5-700 miles at a time for the most part.

When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    My wife bought a scout over the winter. We just returned from a 9 day trip and put just under 3k on it in that time. This is her third bike in just over three seasons and it is by far her favorite. She has around 4500 miles on it.

Unfortunately, due to that fact I don’t get to ride it too often. When I can manage to sneak it out of the garage it is a BLAST! Lots of power and handles fairly well. After getting off the b it is like riding a bicycle. I would say it could use a bit better braking and suspension. I have on a few occasions locked the rear tire and the suspension isn’t balanced very well. Nothing major that would keep me from recommending a purchase to someone.

She is 5’2” so I installed the reduced reach seat and bars. Along with the other accessories she was comfortable riding 5-700 miles at a time for the most part.

Good looking bike and has most of the things on it I want to put on mine when the time comes except for the bags which I don't need anymore...BTW what kind of pipes are on it???...Regards

Vance and Hines. She likes loud pipes. I’m not so much of a fan, at least on my own bike. These have a nice tone and are not obnoxious.

Was lurking around on Cycle Trader the other day and there were quite a few 2013 low miles F6's for under 10 grand.One dealer in Cali had a black deluxe with 14K on it for 8800.00!So trade in values must be in the 6-7K range.For a short minute I thought about selling mine but with all my add on's and these prices I think I will ride her until I can't no more.

Indian dealer offered me $7000 for my bike without looking at it and said he might go up a little when they saw the bike..I spent a lot of bucks on custom paint, Mustang seat, Baggershield, Cobra Pipes, K&N air filter, Kury grips, and some extra "bling" back in late fall 2013...Total OTD price was almost $23,000..Just cannot bring myself to dealing with the going prices for the F6B now, so I will keep mine as long as I can unless a great deal pops-up or I finally decide I need a lighter bike in my old age!!...Regards