F6B where's the weight? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B where's the weight?

Curb Weight:
    842 pounds (GL1800B) / 849 pounds (GL1800BD) == search bar type in "honda f6b curb weight"

Probably on top of the driver's seat, ifyouknowwhatImean...

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    The best thing about the GW / F6B's weight is that it's low, really low, compared to say a V-twin. The engine, tranny, rear drive, fuel tank are almost even with the axles. Makes handling great. Smart move Honda!
    I just traded in a VTX1800S which is 50lbs lighter but the F6B FEELS 100lbs lighter.

My 1600 RoadStar Silverado was pretty close in weight, but it felt sooooo much heavier.

Just realized, 840 curb weight (fluids installed) also includes saddlebags and faring in the total. My VTX extras where 40 to 50 lbs on top of curb weight.

Just yesterday I straddled and walked the F6B in my "slightly" sloped garage to face it the other way. It was MUCH easier to walk up the slope than the VTX was. It could also be due to 12 years and 45K miles of difference.

It's funny, for the lower cg and all my, F6B still feels more awkward to me than my old 90 Ultra. The Ultra has some stuff missing so it's not quite as heavy, but closee. I'm much better it slow tight places with the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    It's funny, for the lower cg and all my, F6B still feels more awkward to me than my old 90 Ultra. The Ultra has some stuff missing so it's not quite as heavy, but closee. I'm much better it slow tight places with the HD.
    Slow, tight maneuvering requires more weight to be forward on the front tire - and HDs have a significant edge there.
    The motor and gas tank are pretty much forward of the frame midpoint - hence why all the motocop cone drills are done on Harleys. Look at their seat too - pushed over the gas tank in most cases.

For the F6B - next time you are in a close quarters scenario - try leaning forward at the waist without putting extra pressure on the handgrips. I think you'll like what you feel.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Always great "rider" info, from you, Steve! thanks! Ever think about starting a new thread titled, "Riding Tip of the Week". Share some more of your riding and instructing knowledge, with the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    I also wonder if the slightly unorthodox throttle response just off idle has something to do with that. Most of the time, warming the bike up solves the issue, but it still feels a tiny bit jumpy or disconnected sometimes.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Always great "rider" info, from you, Steve! thanks! Ever think about starting a new thread titled, "Riding Tip of the Week". Share some more of your riding and instructing knowledge, with the rest of us!
    Thank you sir!
    I never want to 'force' anything on anyone, but when the situation warrants, I can come up with a few tidbits here and there....
    Lol.