Magnificent Colorado Weather This Week

Thread: Magnificent Colorado Weather This Week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Magnificent Colorado Weather This Week -- mid-July2019

I sure hope that some of you are lucky enough to be in Colorado this week. We've been having great weather lately with cool, blue sky, sunny mornings and scattered afternoon thunderstorms. We are now under the influence of a major High and this whole week is going to be awesome. Blue skies, puffy white clouds, cool mornings, warm afternoons, and almost no chance of a shower. If you are here, ENJOY!!!!!

I got in a 135-mile ride this morning in the local area. Rode the Tarryall Road north and south Lake George to Jefferson and return. 60's. Almost zero cars (mostly just the fishermen and a few bikers). Perfect pavement. Green grasses. Flowing streams. Mountains in the distance still showing some snow from this past season. My bike as we approached the northern end towards Jefferson in South Park:

IMG_0095.jpg
    Last edited by F6Bster; 07-11-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Lucky you, hot as hell here except for the severe afternoon thunder storms. That just makes it feel like a sauna. Riding some in the mornings but afternoons are out. Guess I could be to you in a couple of days if I had the time. Looking forward to fall and in the Smokies.

Dave, post a few pictures! I've never seen Colorado this green in July. I took a quick ride out to Limon last week and it looked like Ireland. Even the sagebrush was lush!

My Wife is in Colorado Springs this week for work, She goes often. I just asked Her about the weather and She agreed with you guys, perfect temps and greener than She has ever seen before because of the recent rains. OK got get out there again, fly this time and maybe rent a bike. Yep!

Another beautiful day today and I got in a nice 225 mile ride with my buddies Smoky (1998 Valk) and Butcher (2001 Wing). Woodland Park > Deckers > Pine Junction > Grant > Guanella Pass > Georgetown for a great lunch and return home on the reverse route. The Deckers Road is always great, and the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway is awesome. Great pavement and fantastic views. Top of the Pass is just above timberline. Still quite a bit of snow on some of the peaks, really green, and the streams are really flowing. This is a photo taken from the top of the Pass.

612D727F-733F-4DC2-8153-D3C1722F1779.jpg
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Western Washington state has had really good riding temps lately, a little drizzle for a few days, but good riding weather. Eastern Wa, well, it is pretty hot over there.

You're very lucky Dave! I miss Colorado, my favorite place in the US. Enjoy the ideal conditions for all us!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    You're very lucky Dave! I miss Colorado, my favorite place in the US. Enjoy the ideal conditions for all us!
    I miss Colorado too, and I live here! It's changing a lot, and most of the changes aren't for the better. Traffic has become terrible from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs, and many of the mountain roads I used to love riding are now clogged and crumbling. The only 'improvements' they're making are the addition of new toll lanes.

Last month I was in Wyoming and rode US-16 west from Buffalo. It was a great road with beautiful scenery, in good condition, and I hardly saw another vehicle. I thought to myself, this is how Colorado used to be!

Cloud Peak Scenic Byway

Here's a shot from a rest area along US-16, also known as the Cloud Peak Scenic Byway. The road gets very curvy up ahead, but Wyoming sets the speed limit at 65. You wouldn't want to ride that fast in some of the tight sections, but it's nice to be able to travel at an enjoyable pace without worrying about a speeding ticket. It sure is green all over this year!

Oh so true!!! Fortunately both of my rides the last few days were like the good ole days. And, I agree with you and Elroy! And yes, the riding west of Buffalo and Sheridan is magnificent.

TOO MANY PEIPLE AND CARS!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I miss Colorado too, and I live here! It's changing a lot, and most of the changes aren't for the better. Traffic has become terrible from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs, and many of the mountain roads I used to love riding are now clogged and crumbling. The only 'improvements' they're making are the addition of new toll lanes.

Last month I was in Wyoming and rode US-16 west from Buffalo. It was a great road with beautiful scenery, in good condition, and I hardly saw another vehicle. I thought to myself, this is how Colorado used to be!